BF and cycles

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2011, 06:33 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
Hi my name is Annika... i'm currently WTTC for an August 2012 but trying to look into more information for when we TTC in just over 4 months! I'm currently exclusively BF DD (just over 6 months) i had my first PP AF end of April and ended up with a 42 day cycle.. so LMP was June 4th.

I'm just wondering out of ur experience with BF and AF returning... how were ur cycles afterwards??? DD has been STTN for a long while which is why AF probably returned pretty quickly for me but i'm trying to track a bit although i've been pretty bad at temping and with a 42day cycle this first time around i'm not even sure if i ovulated! ...

were u regular afterwards? how long were ur cycles PP that u remember? etc...

Right now the only difference i see is that i don't get severe cramps like i used too so far with the 2 periods i got. I hope my cycles get shorter so that when we do TTC soon i will hopefully be able to get pregnant.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

June 30th, 2011, 06:31 PM
littlestinkers
I dont get ppaf till after at least a year and this time had to take provera to bring on ppaf that was in may. I had light spotting for a few days then at cd 29 I got a positive opk and then 3 days later I got af. I am now on cd 14 and got positive opks yesterday and today. I have not od this early since having my oldest and he is 6.5 years old. So it is soooooo different to everyone. My son that I bf is almost 2 and we still bf during the day but I night weaned him. I would try to track cm and what ever you can while you wait to see his you have a pattern.. GL
June 30th, 2011, 11:23 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's normal for the first 6 cycles PP to be irregular, and for some women they continue to be irregular for as long as they BF. If it's difficult to get accurate temperatures, you can track ovulation with CM alone with the right information to know what to look for. We use the Billings Ovulation Method to track CM. It's one type of CM charting and doesn't require temps.
March 13th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Veteran
I recommend Billings Method as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search