I was so excited to find this!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chachartier
  • 1 Post By Lorena26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was looking for the siggies r us board and saw this... I am currently active in the TTC board, but I would love some TTC while breastfeeding buddies... unfortunately, it looks like no one has posted in here in 5 months, and before that it has been over a year! So sad! I could really have used some support if I had come across this a few months ago... thought it would be cool to have some buddies here but does anyone come check this anymore??
jeweluv likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Love My Boys ♥
Hello! I have to be honest, i've never checked in here before because it wasn't relevant to me yet. But now i am sorta in the balance of NTNP and wanting to start TTC. I will definitely be here to support ya!! I'm Lauren btw

January 25th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Hey Lauren! I'm Chastity so glad to find someone else on this board! Looks like our boys are less than two months apart too. Gio is super adorable! How many months postpartum were you when AF returned? Are you charting or anything, or looking into it?

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 25th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks! Nice to meet ya! It is definitely nice to find someone to share this time with, it can be frustrating!

I actually have not seen the return of AF yet, it's quite frustrating. I never thought i'd ever wish AF to show up! I mean it's nice not having it and all but i just would like to know when my fertility will return.

January 25th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I totally understand. My husband and I want a large family with kids relatively close in age. However, I was starting to worry that wasn't going to happen for us. My AF returned approximately one month after I started working full-time. I'm guessing that is because my body isn't responding the same way to a pump as it does to 24hour on-demand nursing. I don't think AF would have started at all if itwweren't for my return to work. That was ten months postpartum and hubby and I started BD right away however, as is common among nursing moms who just returned to fertility, I had luteal phase defect and didn't conceive. It is supposed to regulate itself over time so fingers crossed for this cycle (cycle 2). Are you a sahm or do you work? Are you nursing at night still? Dominic nurses tosleep and uusually wakes up once a night wanting to nurse. We tried the co-sleeping thing, especially when he was up three or four times a night but I have a crappy back and I wasn't getting good sleep at all because I was so uncomfortable. If Dominic senses the exposed boob anywhere near him, he wants it in his mouth so I would get stuck lying in one position, uncomfortable or downright painful in my back, alllllll night. I finally decided that the all night light sleep I was getting that way was worse than the couple of interrupted hours I was getting when I had to get out of bed and rock him back to sleep. Do you bedshare?

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 25th, 2013, 06:37 PM
DH and i want a relatively large family as well, and i don't want to wait "too long" between kiddos either. I am a SAHM and i do nurse at night at least once. He doesn't eat much it's mostly to get him back to sleep but most nights yes it is once sometimes twice that he will wake up. He sleeps in his crib in his own room but in the mornings i sometimes take him in our bed if he wakes up too early and i want to get another hour of sleep And just as you said about Dominic sensing the boob that he has to have it in his mouth, Gio is the same way I don't know how much good that extra hour of attempted sleep is that i try to get because i usually am stuck in on my back and i'm a tummy sleeper haha!

I do hope this next cycle is it for you!! Are you charting? And are you still pumping?

January 26th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Yea I'm charting, you can check it out if you click on the cycle ticker in my signature. I have to pump at work cuz the only way he will take naps is if you lay him down with a bottle, drive him around in the car, or wear him around in the ergo. But if you wear him you have to walk until he falls asleep and he doesn't stay asleep as long. So at daycare she does the bottle thing and I have to pump enough to keep up with him. I was having a hard time keeping up just before AF returned so I started taking fenugreek and alfalfa, which seem to help. But keeping the milk supply up is also naturally making me ovulate late and keeping my LP short. I'm trying something different this month so we will see!

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 26th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chachartier View Post
Yea I'm charting, you can check it out if you click on the cycle ticker in my signature.
Oh duh

I had a problem figuring out my cycle when we were TTC #1/Gio. After a few months of nothing i got frustrated, stopped charting and just DTD every other day! It did the trick!
chachartier likes this.

January 26th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Dominic was meant to be. We weren't trying, I was on nuvaring. It fell out while we were DTD and we forgot to put it back in. So I went out and got plan B. Had what I thought was an extremely short, extremely light period cuz of my nuvaring falling out and then plan B on top of it... found out a few weeks after my boobs had been killing me that I was pregnant haha

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 26th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Oh wow! What a happy surprise

February 3rd, 2014, 05:52 AM
Veteran
This is very nice. I like it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search