ttc for #5,but still nusing with no peorid

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Regular
hey my baby will be 1 year old next week,I sill havn't got a peorid, I want to start trying but, don't know if it will do any good ,can I get pregant with no "af" I really want them to be spaced out no more thank 2 years. any helps will be welcome. thanks and God bless.

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics
<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=11&tday1=24&thou rs1=0&tminutes1=0&event=baby's due date&clr=0x0033FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0x0033FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=11&tday1=24&thou rs1=0&tminutes1=0&event=baby's due date&clr=0x0033FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com

a href="http://www.baby-gaga.com/"></a>

October 30th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Welcome

Yes you can get pregnant without AF returning. I don't know how possible it is but I do know that it is possible. I hope you get your BFP quickly.

I got my first AF back when my daughter was 11 months old. I also wanted my babies to be less then 2 years apart. I finally got my BFP and they will be 23 months apart. GOOD LUCK to you!!!

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

October 30th, 2007, 01:57 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes you can, im also waiting for af to arrive back (noah is 14months) to really start ttc but dont want to quit breastfeeding yet to get af back

November 6th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I am also in the same boat as all of you. My daughter is 15 mo. and we've not used any protection since she was 9 months old. I have not seen Flo as of yet, and am quite disappointed since I am 37......has anyone ever heard of taking vitex or using premarin to help get her to come over?

Quote:
yes you can, im also waiting for af to arrive back (noah is 14months) to really start ttc but dont want to quit breastfeeding yet to get af back[/b]
November 25th, 2007, 12:21 PM
TaraJo827's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You definitely can get pregnant before AF returns. Actually, the older your baby gets and still no AF, the more likely you are to ovulate for the first time without first having an episode of bleeding. I wouldn't count on it and drive yourself crazy, of course. But it could happen... =o)

BTW, I'm new here. Nursing my 3rd baby (as we speak, even - haha) and hoping for more eventually. Not using BC, but not trying, either.

November 26th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Regular
I am so glad that Jenny posted her question - I too am still BF my DD who will be 1 in two weeks and TTC # 2. AF has not yet returned for me either.

I have been researching fertility and BF online for the past couple days - here is what I have found out so far ....

YES, you can conceive while BF and having no AF - however, there is only a 6% chance. The average time for AF to return is 14.6 months. Also take note of this ... you ovulate before AF arrives ... therefore, there a chance to conceive B4 the first AF arrives (as TaraJo described).

I pray for us all to get our BFP soon - it would make a great Christmas gift!!!!!!!
November 26th, 2007, 12:00 PM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I conceived without AF when my son was 10 mo. Unfortunately it was ectopic, so I didn't know I was pregnant until the pain began. I caught the first ovulation by accident, although we stopped preventing after he turned 6 mo.

And for all of you who worry about the breastfeeding keeping you from being pregnant. I have been pregnant twice while ds nursed--so it is very possible. Unfortunately ours just didn't work out...

Good luck.
December 20th, 2007, 10:25 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
BabyT! I wish I was more like my mom. Most of us are between 15 and 19 months apart (I have 7 bros and 1 sis). I love the story where she goes in cause she thinks she's pg and tells the dr her last AF date. It was like 3 years before cause she kept getting pg on her first O! Which she was pg again. And she bfed all of us pretty much until the next one came along. She teases me that I came in to nurse one night and she told me "Nope, sorry. It's someone else's turn!" My bro is 19 months younger than me.

January 5th, 2008, 12:07 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
You may get pg without a period if you catch that first ovulation.

Being in tune with your body and its signs can help.

I got pg with #2 before having a period, but I had been charting and KNEW I was ovulating.

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search