Yet another newbie who is BF and TTC

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Regular
Hello Ladies!
I just found this website and registered. I am sure this was covered before so apologize if there are repeated topics.
I have a daughter just turned 1, we are still BF and my AF has not returned yet. We want to TTC and since I don't know when I ovulate it is a little confusing. So last week on wednesday, I noticed through my cervical mucus that I might ovulate and I used one of those Ovulation strips to see if I was right and sure enough it was positive (smiley face, means that I was ovulationg) I tested on Wednesday and Thursday and both days it showed smiley face. I tested again on friday and it was just a circle, not smiley, meaning I did not ovulate.
This was exactly 1 week ago. I know it is a little to test for Pregnancy Test, but I did it anyway today and it was negative.
How soon can I test for pregnancy test?

THe test showed that I ovulated, but what are the chances that I "Really' ovulated?? Because i never got my AF back.
So if did not get pregnant last week, when should I expect my AF to return?
Thanks ladies!!
I will go now and read all topics to be more smarter on this subject :-)
December 5th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Welcome

Yes you can ovulate before you get AF back.

So if you DTD around those days it sounds like you should have a good chance at possibly being pregnant. I would wait until 12-14 days after your positive ovulation day.

Good Luck

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

December 5th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Regular

Thank you for your response. I guess I have to wait another week to test and see if I am pregnant or not.. I can't wait to test. As mentioned before, i tested today (6 days post ovulation positive) and the pregnancy test showed negative but i figured it was too early..

Quote:
Welcome

Yes you can ovulate before you get AF back.

So if you DTD around those days it sounds like you should have a good chance at possibly being pregnant. I would wait until 12-14 days after your positive ovulation day.

Good Luck[/b]
December 5th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
yeah 6 days is really early, I know a few people who got a positive at 8 days but it was a very very faint line.

let us know when you test again

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

December 6th, 2007, 01:51 PM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
Welcome to the board! I'm Michele. I am ttc #4 while breastfeeding my 14 monh old. I am looking forward to getting to know you!

Yeah I would wait at least 12 days after a positive opk. Good luck when you test! KUP!

December 6th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
Welcome!

6 days is definitely too early. A positive OPK indicates that you're ABOUT to ovulate.. but it can be up to 48 hours later. I would wait another week and test again.

Good luck!

December 11th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Regular

Hell Ladies-
thanks for the welcomes!
I got my AF back yesterday! After 1 year and 10 days my daughter was born. so guess I did not have my AF for almost 2 years since i got pregnant..wow! My back is hurting and everything else there, too.. i so forgot how it felt.
I guess I did not get pregnant afterall.. hopefully next time. We never timed with my first daughter so I feel a little 'pressure' this time around since we want another baby asap. But this month will nothing happen since my husband will be traveling when I ovulate, how lucky are we, NOT.
GOod luck everyone who is trying and I will keep everyone posted.
December 11th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Regular

Hello Ladies.. it is me again.. I have a question. As I mentioned in my earlier post, my husband will be traveling when I ovulate next time. It looks like I will ovulate on Dec. 24th and I will only see my husband on the 29th of December.. do you think we still might catch the egg timewise???? I really hope so because if not, we have to wait for another cycle.
Thank you!!
December 12th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
The egg only lives about 12 hours so if you ovulate on the 24th the 29th will be too late. When does he leave? It's possible for sperm to stay alive a few days.. maybe you can catch it that way?

January 3rd, 2008, 08:08 AM
Regular
Hello Ladies
I hope Everyone had a great New Year celebration and hope everybody who is trying to get pregnant on this board will!!

So, I traveled for the last 3 weeks, visiting my parents in Europe, and I picked up nursing AGAIN. I used to nurse only 1 time a day but when we traveled, my daughter was teething and with the jet lag, I nursed her a lot.
I should have ovulated around December 24th but I don't think I did. Is it possible since I picked up nursing, day and night, I did not ovulate? I am expecting my period next week so we will see what happens. But if I did not ovulate, I will not get period, right?
We are back in the US and I will definitely cut back nursing to 1X a day or we will stop completely in the next few weeks and we will do it gradually since I have a lot of milk again.
Any input is apreciated.
Thank you!
January 4th, 2008, 10:00 AM
StacyRI's Avatar Super Mommy
Butterfly...definitely keep us posted on whether or not you get AF next week!

I think because you cut back on BF'ing you should be getting AF pretty regularly. From what I understand, it is possible to ovulate and not get AF.

</div><div align="center">................................... .............................................</div><div align="center">Pregnancy Over 35 Board[/b][/url]</div>
January 5th, 2008, 11:25 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Sounds like you very well could have ovulated?? The OPKs will show + before you O and usually once you O it will show negative.

Hope you caught that eggy and DTD around that time!

January 6th, 2008, 05:04 AM
StacyRI's Avatar Super Mommy

LOTS OF STICKY BABY DUST FOR YA!

</div><div align="center">................................... .............................................</div><div align="center">Pregnancy Over 35 Board[/b][/url]</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search