IM NEW!!! :) TTC #2

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2007, 06:20 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Gday all!
My beautiful little girl, Eva Estelle, is 17 months old. I am still breastfeeding her....ALOT! I think perhaps most of the time I breastfeed her for comfort more than anything. She does eat solids, but she's teething atm, so she hasnt been eating nearly as much as she should which = me feeding her a little more often. (She has being 'feeding more often' for about 3 months now.)

I got AF back when Eva was about 8 months old, and about 6 months ago I settled into a regular cycle - 25 days on the dot! Well, my last cycle I thought I may have had a few signs of being pregnant. DH and I weren't actively TTC, so I wasnt charting or anything, but I thought back and I'm pretty sure I O'd (I remember seeing EWCM) and also BD'd quite alot around that time aswell. So, the time came on the 25th day for AF.....no AF. I am usually smack on 25 days, so this got me thinking. I tested and BFN. 3 days late and BFN. I went all the way to 6 days late - no AF. But she arrived the next day, much to my disappointment.

Very unusual things happening, and whats more, AF only went for 3 days, (finished today) and not very heavy at all which is strange for me. My cycle as of 6 months ago has been 25 days, lasting 5-6 days, sometimes even 7, VERY heavy in the first 2-3 days, lighter 4-5 days, brown spotting after that. hmmmmm very odd.... Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/ideas on this?

Anyway, the disappointment of not being pregnant has made DH and I realise that we really do want another baby brother or sister for Eva. So we are now officially TTC!! I am very excited yet very nervous, as im not quite sure what it will be like breastfeeding and being pregnant at the same time.....

Thanks for reading, and sorry its so long, I just feel I had to let my feelings and thoughts be known.... hubby is supportive, but hearing things from a woman's perspective is better i think

Hooroo!!
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

December 25th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Veteran
Congrats on your decision to TTC!

KB-9
BM-5
ER-2

December 27th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Tash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Tash
yay! congrats!
December 27th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
Hello there! Congratulations on TTC

I'm not sure what to say about your shortish cycle. I had one like that too right before we conceived Chloe.

I hope this is your month!

December 29th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can relate to your story. My DD is also 17 months and I got my period back when she was 9 months. I had 4-5 completely normal cycles. The past 3 have been odd though, with a lot of spotting, especially before my period. I have no idea what to make of it, but I'm worried it is a sign we can't get pregnant yet. We're not actively trying either, although I'm charting, we are suppose to be avoiding getting pregnant just yet. These past 2 cycles though have made me realize that I am ready and am excited to have another one.

Expecting baby #4!

December 29th, 2007, 06:54 PM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
Welcome and congrats on ttc! I hope you get your bfp soon!

December 30th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for all your support ladies!! I did anther pregnancy test a couple of nights ago - BFN... but I swear I felt like I was pregnant lol I was slight cramping and having very very strange sensations in my lower abdomen - the same as when I conceived DD. Also heart pulpitations. I had these with DD too, does anybody else get those? Well anywho, I still would be greatly shocked if it turns out I really am pregnant - I dont think I am though, I think it's just my body gearing up for ovulation?? I dont really properly chart, just observing CM for now

Thanks again for your replies its really great to have this kind of support
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

January 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Congrats!!!! Lots of luck trying!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search