Can anybody help me?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Regular
Hi everyone.... I haven't been on here for a few months - my DS was VERY colicky and I didn't have much time to myself!

I'm hoping someone can help me... DS is now 7 months old and AF still hasn't visited! I night weaned him about a month ago but still nothing. He's on solids (cereal, veggies and fruits) but I still BF every four hours, starting at about 6am and his last feeding is around 9 or 10pm.

I've read that vitamin B6 and/or Vitex might help AF return... does anyone know if it will? Are they safe to take while breastfeeding? I really don't want to have to wean DS yet, but we'd really like to ttc again as soon as possible. I was also thinking that maybe I should replace one of the daytime feedings with formula... any thoughts on that?

I would be very grateful if someone could help!

Thank you!
February 8th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi hun,

I thought I would give you my experience. I know every woman is differnet but I didn't get my cycle back untill I completly weaned my son....and they are still irreg. I BF for 14 months and at the end only nursed one time/day. I had signs that my cycles were trying to start again fertile CM/cramping/+OPK's but nothing every happened. I got my first period about 3 weeks after I weaned him and I did ovulate that cycle too. I also tried vitex to get my period going....nothing. I hope this is not the case for you. I went to the health food store to try to find something to regulate my cycles now and the lady told me it is just a matter of time during and after BFing for cycles to come on and regulate. To give you hope I do know ladies that have gotten pregnant while nursing exclusivly. Good luck!

February 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
08baby's Avatar Veteran
Hmmm not to sure on this one I got AF back while I was bf 4 months after I gave birth ! However it still took me a bit to get pregnant again .

February 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
For some ladies they can be nursing every 2 to 3 hours around the clock and AF come back at 8 weeks PP, but for others, they could be completely DONE nursing for a few months and STILL not get AF.

Its different for every woman and can be different from child to child too in TTC>

February 29th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am totally in the same boat as you...I stopped taking the minipill about a week ago and I'm nursing about four times a day with a couple formula bottles and feeding rice cereal, fruits and veggies. I still haven't had an AF and DS is 6 months old. We want to TTC again soon but I'm not quite ready to stop BF all together! I guess we'll just have to wait until our bodies kick it back into gear and ovulate for cryin out loud!

Jen
February 29th, 2008, 01:46 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
I am totally in the same boat as you...I stopped taking the minipill about a week ago and I'm nursing about four times a day with a couple formula bottles and feeding rice cereal, fruits and veggies. I still haven't had an AF and DS is 6 months old. We want to TTC again soon but I'm not quite ready to stop BF all together! I guess we'll just have to wait until our bodies kick it back into gear and ovulate for cryin out loud!

Jen[/b]

*WAVE* Hey girl!!!! Stop in the Aug 07 PR and update us! we would love to hear from you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search