Kind of a vent....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Petesgirl's Avatar Veteran
I keep waiting for my period to return...its been 14 months and still nothing

I KNOW its because I'm tandem nursing, I KNOW that's it normal it hasn't arrived yet....but I just want another one in the oven already, I'd like to have all of my children close in age....I need to be more laid back and let nature run its course...I cant help feeling this way, so strange considering my plate is already full how much I want another family member to add to our brood...

I've been thinking of late that 5-8 children would be a nice size family....I AM SO crazy!!!!
February 22nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
Okay, I'm fine with tandem nursing....how do you like it? Does it go pretty smoothly? I am 18 mo. PP and I also would love to have another one asap!! I had a "period" in Jan. for 4 days. Mine is usually 6-7 days and I always have PMS symptoms...none. So, I don't think that I ovulated. I haven't had anything yet this month. I see you have 4 kids? Did you have a easy time conceiving with them? I am also nursing...I know this is why aunt Flo hasn't visited, yet. I'm 37, getting a little antsy.

Quote:
I keep waiting for my period to return...its been 14 months and still nothing

I KNOW its because I'm tandem nursing, I KNOW that's it normal it hasn't arrived yet....but I just want another one in the oven already, I'd like to have all of my children close in age....I need to be more laid back and let nature run its course...I cant help feeling this way, so strange considering my plate is already full how much I want another family member to add to our brood...

I've been thinking of late that 5-8 children would be a nice size family....I AM SO crazy!!!![/b]
February 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Tobella

(Well I actually have 3 children, the top ticker is my breastfeeding ticker and the lower three are my children's birthday tickers

Tandem nursing has been one heck of an adventure that I'll never be able to duplicate unless that is....I tandem nurse again in the future

The thing is, I haven't seen Aunt Flo since September of 2004! I became pregnant 8 months postpartum with my third child, and continued nursing through pregnancy to now.

I did have one strange period like episode 6 months postpartum after my second child, but when that happened I started nursing more at night because I wasn't ready to conceive yet (night time nursings seem to ward off ovulation, but I got pregnant later on still AND I barely had intercourse!)

SO now that I'm ready lol, I'm not ovulating darn it!

If you feel like you're running out of time I would take some drastic measures!

1. Buy an ovulation prediction kit, or a monitor

here is a monitor site http://www.healthchecksystems.com/clearplan.htm

2. Increase bedding time with partner

3. decrease night nursings if possible, go at least 5 hours straight without nursing once at night & 5 hours straight without nursing once during the day...it will be impossible unless your little one is ready though...

Good luck to you!
February 28th, 2008, 08:45 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I tandem nurses with my first 2. I loved it!! I wanted to do it again with the others, but the other babies had different ideas.

some ladies just will not start having their cycle come back till they are completely done nursing.

If you have cut out night feedings, and cut back in the day time here and there as well and it hasn't come back, chances are it will not till after you are done nursing.

For me after I had #3 it never came back, then when I was no longer nurse and it STILL wouldn't come back I found out I had PCOS.

February 29th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Wow if anyone would understand its YOU! I really hope things happen soon, I'm not getting any younger lol!

PS: Good luck with #7 and I completely LOVE ADORE your photography! I wish you were closer in location to photograph my family. I LOVED the pregnancy/baby photo with the blocks on the belly and the blocks with babys name....so cute! I also really liked the many faces of....I cant remember his name, but that is such a great idea! Anyway, sorry lol I just had to tell you how gifted you are
February 29th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Wow if anyone would understand its YOU! I really hope things happen soon, I'm not getting any younger lol!

PS: Good luck with #7 and I completely LOVE ADORE your photography! I wish you were closer in location to photograph my family. I LOVED the pregnancy/baby photo with the blocks on the belly and the blocks with babys name....so cute! I also really liked the many faces of....I cant remember his name, but that is such a great idea! Anyway, sorry lol I just had to tell you how gifted you are [/b]

Aw thanks so much!!!

HOw often are you still nursing???

After our last baby, I got pg around 7 or 8 weeks PP, but sadly lost it and since then its not been looking good. I did do a round of clomid and I am on my second round of it now..... clomid while nursing is not something some do, but there have been no ill effects of it for us.

February 29th, 2008, 10:07 PM
That is pretty much amazing that you got pregnant so quickly! I cannot even imagine, I would have been devastated and can only imagine how hard it was (((hugs))). I don't know much about Clomid, do obgyns easily prescribe it? I'll google it and see what I find.

I'm nursing around the clock, about every 2-4 hours, at the longest I go 6 hours without nursing but that always ends up in a painful breast for a couple days. Both my boys are pretty reliant on breast milk, and I'm not going to cut off the supply until they're ready. My oldest nurser has Cerebral Palsy (physically not mentally), and relies on me for much of his nutrition still.

Wow I just read about Clomid, it can cause a pregnancy with multiples yet it can also cause early miscarriage? What a confusing drug! I guess it just depends on the woman that is taking it, some get great results & others don't.

Wow TWINS that would be GREAT
February 29th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Quote:
That is pretty much amazing that you got pregnant so quickly! I cannot even imagine, I would have been devastated and can only imagine how hard it was (((hugs))). I don't know much about Clomid, do obgyns easily prescribe it? I'll google it and see what I find.

I'm nursing around the clock, about every 2-4 hours, at the longest I go 6 hours without nursing but that always ends up in a painful breast for a couple days. Both my boys are pretty reliant on breast milk, and I'm not going to cut off the supply until they're ready. My oldest nurser has Cerebral Palsy (physically not mentally), and relies on me for much of his nutrition still.

Wow I just read about Clomid, it can cause a pregnancy with multiples yet it can also cause early miscarriage? What a confusing drug! I guess it just depends on the woman that is taking it, some get great results & others don't.

Wow TWINS that would be GREAT [/b]

I have never had confirmed twins on it, but I really feel I may have lost a twin with my 5th pg. I got my positive test VERY early on and then before 12 weeks one day I had horrid bleeding, like the whole toilet was full of blood, and it was everywhere while I wiped. TMI I know, sorry.... Anyways... by the time I was able to see the doc a few days later, they said everything looked fine and they don't know where the bleeding came from?? I still wonder if I had lost a twin??

March 1st, 2008, 07:50 PM
I can not imagine the things that you have gone through. I had a tough delivery, but others have had worse. I'm glad others are trying to do the things that I think about. My family thinks I'm crazy to still bf. I co-sleep and she still nurses through the night. I had thought that she was about to stop on her own and sleep through the night and then she changed her mind and started nursing heavily at night. I work full-time (boo) and she goes about 10 hours with no nursing. At night she falls asleep at 8:30-9:30 while nursing and then wakes usually only once/twice and then after 6 AM lately. Only 3-4 times total. She always nurses at 5 when we get home.

I called my OB last week and he said he makes it a habit to not start fertility drugs while women are breastfeeding. What do you all think? He told me to stop bfing, which I don't want to do until she's ready. I'll be 38 next month and we want more than 2. I had ovarian cysts removed in 2003, but have not problems relating to that before or after. Never been told I had PCOS, except by my boss who had it!!! I asked about B6 and He(OB) said he used it for other things.....didn't ask about Vitex. Okay while BFing? I am having a 47 day cycle and am on Day17dpo.........I think I'm not ovulating.......I'm getting very frustrated and so is DH....Dr. did say to call in 3 months if no luck. I'm assuming as long as I've quit bfing... Any wise words?

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-spacere;overflow:auto'></div>

Where do you learn to do all the tickers and images and moving.....I can't even get my tickers on my signature.
March 4th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I have used vitex and it didn't do anything!!! I have also taken clomid while nursing with no ill effects.

But if you wanna stay with herbal stuff Soy isoflavens sp?? can be used like clomid too. Some people have had luck with that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search