Introducing Myself TTC#5

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Super Mommy
Hello Everyone!

My name is Jenny, and Dh and I are trying for baby #5.

We planned to start trying in the spring.....but we sorta "threw out" the condoms last night. I should ovulate Monday or Tuesday.

Dh and I have had some mixed feelings about having our 5th, but are excited and look forward to another child too. One of our children was adopted and is very high needs with developmental and emotional handicaps. I think it's his needs that have caused us to think twice about another baby.

It took us 9 years to conceive our 4th child, with three losses and fertility treatments along the way. The good news is that my fertility seems to have come back since baby #4 (conceived with Clomid) and I have had regular periods since 2005.

So, is it normal to be a bit scared about adding another baby to the family? Should I go to the Gyn. for a pre conception visit? This year I turn 36. I have a few medical issues (diabetes, controled by diet, a tipped uterus, and the previous fertility and miscarriage issues) that might complicate conception and a pregnancy.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to getting to know everyone who has a larger than normal family like I do!

Jenny
October 24th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Regular
hi, jenny.
I am also TTC #5. I will start Clomid Sunday (my first time) and i am a bit flustered with the whole thing - we've been trying 5 cycles. My husband & I were always able to conceive 1st month & only once the 2nd month without any help at all. So I guess my age has caught up to me (41) but we feel there is room for 1 more. We have 4 kids - I had a miscarriage in 2002. My youngest is 4 & one last maternal urge has hit in the last year. I guess I never felt "done" but I thought with time the desire to have another would pass - but it has not, so here we go.

I just started these boards the other day as I am needing support and seeking info.
October 25th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Super Mommy
Hi jsemom,

Hopefully the Clomid will jump start things and you will only need it one month From what I remember, it made me ovulate a bit later than normal. Will your Dr. follow you with ultrasounds? Mine did not, not on the Clomid, but some do. We also used injectables and IUI, but went back to Clomid and conceived without any other assistance.

This is probably something you already know, but on the off chance that you haven't, have you read, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler? It's a great book that every woman should read!

Maybe there is something that happens once the youngest turns 3 that makes the baby urge kick in, lol. My youngest turned 3 this summer. Is your 4 yo a boy or a girl? Mine is a boy, and he is so much fun. I love this age! (okay, I say that with every age, but he is really fun right now)

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

October 25th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Regular
no - not an ultrasound, but they are planning to recheck the progesterone with the clomid. this last one ( which was actually my first one) was 7.2. I am hoping since all our other conceptions were quick that may be I just need a little clomid boost. My brain has gone a little over board wondering if I am tempting the fate (considering my age and possible risks). May be we should just consider ourselves lucky..... My doctor says no bigger risk than any other 41 year old. It just took us SOOO long to decide we are not too old. I wondered if something was wrong that I kept wanting more children - like some psycho need. My husband said " Um, may be you just enjoy your babies and children."

My 2 older children are boys (15 & 12) The oldest girl (8) is quite Tom-boyish, but she is so dang cute - quite the basketballer and soccer girl. The youngest (4) is a girly girl. She loves her princesses, anything pink and she wants to look pretty always. I just moved these girls in a room together this past month & it took much thought and creativity to blend their styles into a bedroom, but they seem content. Like you I love all the ages - from the teens on down there are joys and a few challenges at every stage. I would never give up these days.

I'll have to look into that book. I've been doing a lot of online reading about the subject lately. I don't know about any of the injectables or what an IUI is. I had 2 indepth discussions with my doctor also - just considering everything. I agree deciding to add the 5th was the scariest decision (even though we obviously want it). I felt like I had to consider everything and weigh out all the risks.

I wish you success in your quest. I was glad to hear back from you!
October 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Wow! Lots of new people! Welcome to the board ladies, I'm Michele, one of the co-hosts here for TTCLF.

Every woman should see her Dr regardless of TTC or not. WE have to make sure the girly bits are in working order.

I wish all of you the best of luck TTC your next child.

October 26th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hello ladies, im Jamie 31 just started my second trimester after ttc for 14 mos
i have 5 children already, ages 14,11,8,6,2 i have 3 girls 2 boys were hoping to tie up our teams
however im feeling pretty strongly that this one is another girl either way were thrilled to finally be here
im hoping to find out on Nov 14th what this one is if it will show me the goods

so welcome to the board, these ladies are wonderful and very helpful, pls feel free to just jump in and enjoy your
stay with us, sending lots of baby dust to all of you

Thanks to MommaTrish for my wonder Buddy Siggy !!

M0mmy To Six Wonderful Children.....
Katelyn 14 Daniel 11
Victoria 9 McKenzie 7
Jacob 2 1/2 Brayden April 17th 8lbs 13 0z
October 28th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Welcome! Wishing you much success ttc!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

October 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi welcome Jenny!

I am Irene one of your Co - Hosts and I am ttcing #9 after last loss at 17w.

However I share the same story as you I am currently ttcing my 14th pg and have 1 clomid baby(#7) and lost 5 babies , my last 2 at 17w pg.

I am on first round of clomid at 100 mg and doing the clomid challange to see if we need injects or not. There are a few of us here currently on clomid at this point

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you see a swift BFP!

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
October 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
October 31st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for such a warm welcome.

I * thought* that I would ovulate Monday, but as it turns out, it happened yesterday (I get that O pain so it makes timing easy). It was also our 16th wedding anniversary so we got the timing just right. Now I get to start obsessing about symptoms and reliving my former HPT addiction!

Jsemom, your kids are close in age to mine. My kids are DD16, DS14, DS6 & DS3. Hopefully the Clomid is working it's magic and you will get a perfect egg this month!

Good luck on your ultrasound Jamie! Your kids are adorable I bet they are excited about having another baby brother or sister.

Irene, hopefully Clomid will do the trick for you and Jsemom. Injectables are not very much fun (and SO much $$, lol).

Thanks again for the welcome everyone, and have fun if your kiddos are dressing up tonight!

Jenny

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search