Think I'm back

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2008, 11:32 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started spotting on Saturday night, very light pink... I was 6 weeks. Overnight, it turned dark red and throughout the day I started losing a lot of blood, including clots. The 24 hour ER type place didn't have an ultrasound machine and I called my midwife who said there wasn't anything to do but wait and I called the OB who prescribed the Clomid - they said only go to the ER if the cramps are overwhelming or I was soaking through a pad an hour. Well, I didn't have any cramps and I didn't have THAT much blood.

I went to see the OB on Monday. She did the exam and said my cervix was closed, but the blood was just "pouring" out of me, so she's pretty certain that it was a full miscarriage. She would NOT do an ultrasound. Her reason was "the pregnancy test was only a faint positive, that means your HCG level was 25-50, it needs to be 4,000 to see something on ultrasound." Ooook... hadn't heard that one before. They took my blood. I had to go back yesterday (Wed) for more blood work. I have an appointment to see her tomorrow to discuss everything, get my levels, make sure it's okay to try again right away, etc.

The bleeding slowed down yesterday and today, but still spotting. I have had no more pregnancy symptoms. I never did have cramps. I only had lots of pressure (it felt like pressure on my cervix).

I'm babysitting during the day, so I can't really "deal with it" easily. It hits me at night and then my husband gets upset, thinking I'm not okay or he's done something wrong, etc. I'll be okay, it'll just take a few days.

This is my 4th miscarriage.

So, anyway, I'm back I guess. OH, and I want to change my username. It'll most likely have star in it, I'm thinking wishingstar since that's my blog.

I'll let y'all know how tomorrow goes.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
November 21st, 2008, 05:09 AM
Lisa1705's Avatar Super Mommy

Ashley (loving sister)
9/7/89
Julie
12/19/91
Gage
4/17/01
Carter
10/18/02
Bf'd 18 months

Olivia
1/7/05
Bf'd until she was 2!
<span style="font-family:Arial Black">
Talon

7/5/07
Bf'd 16 months and still going strong!

November 21st, 2008, 09:02 AM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Star!
I am sooo very sorry!!!

I know nothing I can say will help but I wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayer;s.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
November 21st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks. It's official.

Here's what I posted in MoGs:
It's official. The doctor said my HCG levels dropped, the last test on Wed, my beta was 12. She said she wanted to draw blood again today to make sure it goes down more, but that it looked like everything got out. She asked if we were going to try again and I was like YES. So, she asked if I ever had a full miscarriage workup done. I told her no. So, she said she wanted to do that too. Great... more blood work.

She said I could start trying right away. She said they only suggest waiting a cycle so they know what the dates are. She gave me another prescription for Clomid and said for that I have to wait for another cycle and then I take that on certain days. But, I can try this month without it. She also said the testing would look at my Folic Acid something or other and she gave me a prescription for that and also told me to take one baby aspirin a day. Not sure why... I'll be doing some research on that now. Anyway, I'm supposed to start taking them now because some of the tests may take a while to get back.

She said she'd put a note on my file, so when I do get pregnant and call for an appointment they will get me in ASAP.

So, the lady came in to do the blood work. I faint easily with needles. Push a baby out... no problem. Take blood... UGH!!! So, I had to lie down on the table/bed thing. IT HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She warned me she had to take a lot to do all the tests. I literally counted 10 tubes and then said "was that really 10?" and she said "about that and I need about 5 more". OMG!!!!!!! I tried joking with her, asking if she was going to leave any blood IN my body. I had to lie there for about 10 minutes afterwards. I still feel lightheaded and my arm HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her she better run every test imaginable, cuz I wasn't ever going through this again.

I guess that's about it. If I didn't have these kids here, I'd lay down until I could see straight again.

Emotionally, I'm doing okay. I had a few bad days this week. But, I'm hoping to just keep doing better. I guess being too busy to sit down and think can be a good thing sometimes.

November 21st, 2008, 07:54 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohh I am so glad you getting a full work up!

Man, I really feel bad for all the blood sucking they did on you, Unreal! The most I ever had was 7 at a time good grief!

I hope your tests come back good and you will be ok that way for ttcing.

Do you know all what you getting tested for?

Let me know what you find out the asprin all I have found out is that can help with lineing issues.

I am glad you are still going to try again. Not trying again has not even been an option for us after all our tests came back normal.

I really hope you have no troubles getting first cycle with out clomid or first cycle back on clomid either way I pray a Sticky bean for you.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
November 22nd, 2008, 04:21 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I am so sorry Hon

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

November 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm still kinda spotting, but I guess I'm on CD10 (almost CD11). I suppose we should start TTC again in a couple days. It seems so soon, but I don't want to wait.

I was holding it together pretty good until someone in a chat we were having started talking about being pregnant and being due in July and I just left. I couldn't read it. I didn't lose it, but it was close. It was just a little too much a little too soon. But, it's been getting better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search