Do u ever get grief from your family?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Veteran
Does anyone ever say anything to you about the number of childern that you have? or like what you want more? I haven't told anyone at this point that I am ttc again. Just curious.'

My mom had 7 of us I know she got it alot.

<a href="http://counters.families.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>

November 28th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Veteran
I get alot of it and I have 31/2, 18 months and 5 months currently. I go into stores with my double stroller and the baby in a stuggly (carrier). People usually look at me like I have three heads. I had an appointment for my 2 youngest ones about a week ago. I was carry both of them. I was told that I was crazy.

DO you have twins?

<a href="http://counters.families.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>

November 28th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Lisa1705's Avatar Super Mommy
All the time!!!

Ashley (loving sister)
9/7/89
Julie
12/19/91
Gage
4/17/01
Carter
10/18/02
Bf'd 18 months

Olivia
1/7/05
Bf'd until she was 2!
<span style="font-family:Arial Black">
Talon

7/5/07
Bf'd 16 months and still going strong!

November 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
schufamily
Quote:
Does anyone ever say anything to you about the number of childern that you have? or like what you want more? I haven't told anyone at this point that I am ttc again. Just curious.'

My mom had 7 of us I know she got it alot.[/b]

If we told my dh's parents right now that we were ttc#4 they would be FURIOUS with us!!! I have 2 from a previous marriage, and him and I together had a baby girl.. they were FURIOUS when they found out we were pregnant with her! I don't understand that at all!! So now when it happens, we probably won't tell them for at least a few months, and probably say it wasn't planned.. I had my IUD out on 10/14/08, but we aren't telling them.. WE don't want to not tell them, but why tell them when you know the outcome will not be good. It's our decision/choice to have another, not theirs..
November 28th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont really tell anyone we are ttc. I do get a lot of comments at stores though, mostly from old people, but they come from the age where they had 7-10 siblings anyway. Some guy looked at me at walmart today and said "good luck". What's that?

November 28th, 2008, 07:40 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
yes

my brother just asked me yesterday if we were trying to "be" a large family. (since we have 5 and are adopting) he wasn't sure if we were ttc, pregnant or adopting or 2 of the 3. He's "concerned" that my kids won't get enough one on one attention.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
November 29th, 2008, 04:27 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
I just tell my family to kiss my ( ! )

It's none their business. I live in a HOUSE, they live in trailers (no offense) that should be condemned. I have a JOB, they call ME for money. I am MARRIED and I have a HUSBAND that WORKS. They don't.

December 1st, 2008, 09:09 AM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont get any grief about more kids since everyone knows we want at least 12. I get alot of ..well are you pg yet?

Thats kinda fusterateing lol

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
December 1st, 2008, 03:27 PM
lilmissb
I get it everytime I get pregnant. It's always "how are you gonna pay for this one?". Didn't know you had to be rich to have kids. We do struggle, but I know people with kids that are homeless and go hungry. We have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, food on the table, and now a car to get around in. I think we're doing pretty good! I just listen and usually don't say anything. Although, I am gonna wait til I go back to work before I tell my dad that I'm now expecting #5. That will smooth it over alot.

<div align="center">~Brandi~
Mama to 4 1/2</div>
December 1st, 2008, 04:54 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I only have 2 currently and I already get yelled at for wanting more. One woman at my church argued with me over how many I want. I said at least 5 and she got very angry. Screamed at me and said I didn't know what I wanted, that one more was enough and I was to stop there. It's crazy. DH's family is very supportive, but does drive me a bit crazy with the "Any news yet?" questions all the time.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 2nd, 2008, 03:48 AM
Xx3Xy0's Avatar Veteran
I got grief from my mom when I found out I was pg with Kasi (2). She and Sami (3) are 15 months apart. When I told her I was pg she told me "I don't want to hear it when they are both screaming and you're stressed out, you brought this on yourself" and sure enough, one day I needed some support and called her and she told me "I told you so" and then ended the conversation. So, I am fully expecting to get some grief if/when we get pg again, especially from her. Now my MIL, she will probably give me a hard time about it, but hers I know isn't a permanent condition, its more of worry as to how I will be able to cope with more children the next time dh deploys or we have to move, but even so, I *KNOW* I can call her anytime with any problem and while I might get a hint of "I told you so" its done with love and humor and immediately followed by any advice and support that I need. I can handle that kind of 'grief' because I know she worries for us but would still support us no matter what.

Beyond that, I see one sister being a bit jelous (she wants more children but is currently single, so that sort of rules things out for her) but still excited, and the rest of my sisters would be more along the lines of "whatever" lol

Actually, I think I will get the most grief from my 14yo dd. She has told me flat out not to have anymore children (as if its her choice) and has repeatedly said she will NEVER have children of her own LOL

My Blog
</div>
December 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
the former church I was at gave me grief about having more than 4-5 kids and the fact that I have 5 and wanted to adopt.

my inlaws will definitely be upset if we get pg again. my side may be "concerned" but might fair a little better about it.

but at the end of the day, we take care of our kids, keep them involved in things and believe the # of kids we will have is between God, and us.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
December 2nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Super Mommy
I had a m/c last month and I was not going to tell my family until I knew if it was a sticky or not. While talking to my mother last week I let it slip that I had a m/c and she started yelling at me and saying I thought you were done I thought you didn't want anymore. Why does it matter I don't ask her to take care of my kids I don't ask her for money and she is going back to California in a few weeks anyway so why does she care. When we do get pg with a sticky bean she will be the last one I tell maybe she'll see a christmas card with a new grandchild on it!!
DS-02/12/02
DS-05/11/05
DD-10/16/07
Angel-11/08
DS-10/29/09

December 3rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My family doesn't know that we're TTC. They are always like "can you handle it", "can your body handle it", "how do you divide your time". Pfffft... I did tell my mom we just miscarried, she surprised me by actually sounding sad!! She's usually the one who doesn't understand why I want a big family.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
December 3rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I get it all the time. I pretty much tell them all to bite me at this point!

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

December 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Regular
I have 4 girls and often get the comments about trying for a boy... which i say no to....just to avoid the buggy eyes and snide comments... I didnt get tied when I had my last dd and Im glad that I didnt b/c I am not SURE that I dont want more... I am frightful of reactions but at the same time I am very happy being a mom. We are entertaining the idea of TTC#5, I think we are going to go for it... but Im trying to get my cycle figured out to at least give shettles a shot and see if we can have a lil man.
December 4th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I get that alot, the "too many pregnancies in a row" too much wear and tear on my body. not enough time to divide between the kiids

December 6th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Veteran
I get a lot of different comments from people while out. I'd say that the majority are kind comments. My family is pretty much non existent, they all died early, so no problems from them. However, my husband's family are all upset about us having so many. My husband finally told them that he is going to have more children till he turns forty, which is four years away, and they stopped bothering us so much.

What I don't get is why would a grandparent not want more grandchildren, unless they are so materialistic that all they can think of when they know another grandchild is on the way is how much money they are going to have to spend at birthdays and Christmas. I could care less about the gifts.

I found a really good comic one time, and I can't seem to track it down right now. The son calls his mother, who immediately asks if the wife is pregnant. He gets all upset and they have a little argument about her jumping the gun that just because called did not mean they were pregnant. However, mother says that's usually the only time that he does call. After their discourse about that, she says "So, when is she due?". I wish I could find it to post it here but I can't seem to.

This kind of holds true for us.

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search