A step in the right direction

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Xx3Xy0's Avatar Veteran
Dh and I had a talk tonight...about home birth. When we've talked about it in the past he was always really quick to shoot me down, but this time he actually talked to me about it. I told him that if we get pregnant again, one of two things WILL happen, I will either give birth at home OR he will grow a spine and "turn into the protective alpha male wolf" and we will go over every last detail of what could/might happen during a hospital birth and he will know what I will and won't tolerate and he will fiercely protect me in my choices. That comment led into the discussion about home birth and he was actually receptive to it. I was so happy as I was expecting to be shot down again. I told him that if we do a home birth, I need him supporting me 100%, that I wouldn't be able to do it without him. He sort of snickered at me and I laughed and said "well, yea... physically I could do it... but it would be much easier to do with your support."

I can't believe (assuming we get pregnant) that I might actually have a birth experience that I don't cringe over when I think about it. Cross your fingers that we can keep having these types of conversations that will get us toward the goal of having a natural child birth (preferably at home, but if not.... a non-medicalized child birth).

I'll keep you ladies posted LOL

Of course, we have to get pregnant first but we're working on that lol

My Blog
</div>
December 14th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Veteran
My DH and I had the same experience together. It wasn't even a thought because I've had two c sections. After I had two in the van we decided we could handle that again. So we had our last one at home, expecting number eight and certainly plan on having this one at home too.

Hope that it will work out for the both of you, because you will both love it.

<div align="center"></div>
December 14th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
My DH and I had the same experience together. It wasn't even a thought because I've had two c sections. After I had two in the van we decided we could handle that again. So we had our last one at home, expecting number eight and certainly plan on having this one at home too.

Hope that it will work out for the both of you, because you will both love it.[/b]
What do you mean by "two in the van"? Did you give birth in your van????

December 15th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you will be getting the birth experience that you want I would've loved a non medical birth, but unfortunately all of my pregnancies end up having complications. GL!!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
December 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything works out!

I have been lucky my 8 full term births were AWSOME exactly as I planned and even though I lost 2 babies in 2nd tri my last loss was exactly how I wanted to the birth baby.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
December 19th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Veteran
Yes, I've given birth to two in my van, and both were unassisted births. One I made it to the hospital parking lot before "I couldn't hold it anymore", the other was in a huge snowstorm, and I only made it about halfway to the hospital.

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search