Back from appointment

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2008, 01:38 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, I'm home. The first thing the OB talked about was that I have 2 copies of some mutation. This is the Folic Acid thing. Called MTHFR. For that, I have to take 4mg of Folic Acid a day.

The other thing she told me was that my ANAs (Antinuclear Antibodies) tested positive. She asked if anyone in the family had Lupus - nope, not that I know of. Then she asked if anyone had rheumatoid arthritis - yup, my mom - it's all her fault! LOL!! Apparently, my test was very very positive. There are tons of diseases that this could mean. I know it's an autoimmune type thing... but I don't have symptoms of Lupus or arthritis or most of the diseases I researched real quick. She did say you can test positive and have nothing "show up" for years. But, that I'd have to be monitored.

She said I have to see an Internal Medicine doctor and if he/she can't figure it out, I should see a rhematologist ??

But, then she said that as long as I take the Folic Acid we can TTC, but she did suggest holding off on the Clomid until I go see the doctor. So, I keep thinking it can't be that bad. She said she thinks the Folic Acid thing was the reason I have had so many miscarriages. I have to keep taking the baby asprin too. She gave me a copy of the lab results, so I hope to read them, research them and have a better understanding of things before I see this other doctor.

She didn't look at the bump on my cervix, but said cysts are common. And the took more blood for the beta test. Fun.

Please continue to keep me in your thoughts & prayers.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
December 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have MTHFR, it's not just folic acid and is a bit more complex then most doctors are aware.I would recommend getting in to see a hemotologist who can better assess your vitamin level needs based on your copies of teh gene mutation. You will also most likely need to be taking baby aspirin while TTC and pregnant. Additionally, they may put you on blood thinners like Lovenox or Heparin while pregnant.

MTHFR raises your risk of blood clots, heart attack and stroke. It's important that you get specialized care so you can be as healthy as possible

My aunt was unaware that she had MTHFR. She died of a pulmonary embolism. Her death prompted my doctors to test me

December 16th, 2008, 05:03 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
I have bumps on my cervix and mild arthritis! It's almost always genetic, thanks mom and dad!

Other things I have thanks to my parents
Pre-Hypertension
High Blood pressure

I hope things get better for you, at least you are heading in the right direction.

December 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! What a turn of events! I am so sorry your dealing with ALL this.

I was tested in May after last m/c at 17w for Lupas and antibodies for clotting and other stuff I can't spell lol. All mine came back neg but I am on 5 mg folic and have been for about 1 yr now.

I hope you can get a handle on things and come up with a treatment plan for next pg.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search