Hi everybody

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2008, 10:13 AM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi. My name is Amanda, 30. I just had my first baby 3 1/2 months ago via c-section (He did not want to come out on his own for some reason) My husband and I are wanting at least 2 more little ones possibly more. I have some questions:

1. Since I'm 30 and I want at least 2 more...no more than 6 total though, how long should I wait in between pregancies. My dr. told me if I wanted a vbac that I had to wait a total of 18 months. We don't want to wait that long. I was just curious how your little ones get along vs. age differences. I know my brother is 4 years younger than I and we fought like cats and dogs.

2. We currently have a 5 bedroom house. (Master bedroom, nursery, and another room for my step daughter are taken) How do you do the room situation if you have more kids then bedrooms? How do you determine who is sharing with who. Does that make any sense?

3. Has anybody had multiple c-sections?

I hope I'm not bothering anybody with my questions. Please take care and have a Merry Christmas.
December 23rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
1. Kids fight, no big deal. Even twins don't get along. You do not have to wait to have another baby. I believe having kids closer together is best. They grow together and learn together.

2. My girls share a room and the boys are in a larger bedroom. You have plenty of room for a large family.

3. Has anybody had multiple c-sections? I've had 5 and am hoping for a 6th in 09!

Welcome to the board!

December 26th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think the age difference matters. I used to think it did, but I have friends and family with kids that are 8 years apart and some that are 11 months apart. I don't think they fight any less because of the age.

December 26th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Newbies
1. My first two are 22 months apart, then there is a 19 month gap between the second and the third, then 19 months between the third and the fourth. There are pluses and minuses to having 4 kids in 5 years (well, technically 5 years and 2 weeks). It gets really crazy at times and I'm always tired, but on the other hand, they all play together and I've never had a problem with sibling rivalry. I would assume there are also pluses and minuses to spacing them out further apart

2. We have 4 bedrooms, so two of the girls share the larger one. The oldest and the youngest have their own rooms. The oldest because she is the only one who has to get up for school, the youngest because he sleeps better when he's alone. Next year our second will start school, so we'll have to figure something out because the two that share a room stay up for hours talking and playing together.

3. Sorry - no c-sections. I know they are possible though

January 3rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never had a c/section so no help there sorry.

When I had my 7th baby I had 4 kids ages 4 and under..Yes 1 per yr and it was and still is a blast!!!

I dont plan a thing with kids ages and gaps the more the merrier and the closer together the better but I take whatever I can get lol

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
January 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't really have issues with sibling rivalry too much. My oldest boys have thier own room and my DD has her own room (for now) as the baby is sleeping in our room in a bassinet/playpen until he sleeps through the night. Never had a section so no help there LOL

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
January 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Regular
I have nine children. Babies six and seven (a set of twins) were born by C-section. I had another baby just thirteen months later and was able to have a vaginal birth. No problems. Then 12 months after THAT I had another baby by vaginal birth. Some docs won't make you wait a certain time length between C section and vaginal birth and some will. Look around for one who will accomodate what you want.

We have four bedrooms in our house plus an office which we've made into a 5th bedroom. DH and I have one room, Our oldest son has the office by himself (too small for more than one but perfect for him). Three boys share bedroom #2, three girls share bedroom #3, and two boys share bedroom #4.

Our age spaces are all over. Our kids are 13, 12, 9, 6, 3, 2year old twins, 1, and 6weeks. I agree with the pp...there are pros and cons to any age space. Do what feels right for YOUR family.
January 10th, 2009, 09:51 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the closer together they are the better... at least in my family. I have a couple that are 3 1/2 years apart and that seems to be too far. The two middle ones are 2 years 3 months apart and that works better. But, all kids fight.

If we have another one, then our 5 year old and 2 year old will share. Right now all four have their own room.

I never had a c-section, so I can't help you there.

Good luck!!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search