How often do you rebuy baby things?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I find I have pretty much replace the large baby items( excer saucer,swing, pack n play ect. Every 3rd baby.

I dont know if my kids are rough but man they wear those things out fast!..Ok ok You dont have to twist my arm I dont mind getting new baby stuff every few yrs

I also replace the stroller every 3rd baby.

When I have next baby I am due to replace everything again yeah! lol

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
January 11th, 2009, 02:00 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't even use those types of baby things anymore. Well, a stroller, but thats about it. I replace the stroller about every 2-3 kids also. I haven't had a swing, saucer, bouncer or anything like that since Baby number 4 or 5.

Oh wait, I do have a horsey bouncy thing that I bought for our last baby, its put up for the new baby when he gets big enough. I think that a lot of that stuff ends up getting so dirty you just can't keep cleaning it anymore and thats when I throw it away.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
January 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Exactly it gets wore out from cleaning!

I LOVE my swing! I even love it more now that my last has a plug in and I dont need to buy batts!

I like the excersaucer for outside in the spring/summer if baby is of age since we live on a acerage with waterfront and country liveing we spend most of out time outside in those seasons. It is good way for baby to be with us while I garden and they dont eat all the grass, worms, dirt and bugs!

It also is a life saver when we have a fire pit going since there is so many kids around the fire and roasting sticks flailing it is about the safest place for baby.

I use the play pen for sleeping. They take up way less room then a crib. Plus we can take it on Holidays for baby to sleep in hotels I dont trust thier crap lol

I have to say I have not used a jolly jumper since #2 . Way to fusterating getting them in and out lol

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
17W "Angel"
January 14th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Super Mommy
I LOVE to buy baby supplies! We have two strollers that should be okay through the next baby. We also have a high chair and a jumparoo in the attic.

Our crib was recalled, so we will probably get a new crib. We will need a new swing, since I loaned ours to my sister and she SOLD it! (I'm not mad though, I want one that does not take batteries) We'll also need a new car seat.

Quote:
I LOVE my swing! I even love it more now that my last has a plug in and I dont need to buy batts![/b]
Do you have a wind up swing? Do the plug in swings not work very well?

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

January 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I have the fisher price Rainforest swing.

It plugs in and works awsome!! It even has a long cord so you can move it around. You can use batts if you need to as well it has a switch to convert over in the back

The one before was the fisher price Ocean wonders. I really like the music water globe but it took batts so I bought a new one.

Hehe Any excuse to get new baby things Huh! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
17W "Angel"
January 16th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I had gotten rid of everything after baby#3. So I had to buy new for #4. So I had the new stuff for #4 and #5. Theyn, I got rid of everything because we thought we were done. So I need EVERYTHING this time! I love shopping for baby things!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
Scarlett Arya('15)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search