Update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2009, 08:25 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it's been a while since I've updated. I've had a lot going on. If you want the long, full story, click on my blog link in my signature and read away

Here's the short version:

I've been going back and forth between the Hematologist and the Rheumatologist because of the blood work results (from my Nov miscarriage). They both did lots of blood work, but the only two things to come back abnormal was the MTHFR mutation and the positive ANAs. ALL the other blood work was normal. There was one thing that was normal in Nov and high in Jan (PTT??). They want to retest that in March. I have no signs or symptoms of Lupus or any other autoimmune disease.

The Hematologist told me to stay on the Folic Acid. Neither doctor had a strong opinion about the baby aspirin. They said can't hurt to take it, but they can't promise it will help. So, I decided to stay on it. Neither recommends Heparin or Lovenox if I do get pregnant. Thank goodness. I don't do well with needles, so if they did insist I take a daily injection, that probably would be the end of TTC for me.

We've been TTC right through it all with no luck. My uncle died a couple weeks ago and I had to fly home, attend the wake/funeral and fly back. With the stress of that, I didn't really expect to conceive this cycle, but I hoped.

Since we got the okay from all the doctors, I plan to fill my Clomid prescription and use it this next cycle. My temp dropped yesterday and again today, so AF should be here today or tomorrow.

I'm stressing about a lot of things: the Clomid worked last time, I'm afraid that I'll expect it to work this time and if it doesn't, I'll be really bummed. This month marks our one year TTC anniversary and I've never had this problem before. I'm getting worried that we won't conceive again. I'm 34, so I'm not OLD. Not even AMA yet. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with me, preventing me from getting pregnant. So, why aren't we getting pregnant? Then I think maybe God has decided 4 is enough for us. But, I think I need a clearer sign!!! Something that says "NO MORE KIDS!"

And if the Clomid doesn't work... I think that's it. I don't want to go through injections. I don't want to go through IVF or AI. We have been blessed with four and we don't have the money to spend on all that. So, then I start thinking about how long do I keep trying? Forever? Another year? Where do I draw that line?

It's also hard not having anyone to talk to this about. Everyone tells me to enjoy the kids I have or that I have enough... etc. Or dh just says "it'll all work out" or "it'll happen". UGH!

So, that's my update

ETA: AF just showed up

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
February 5th, 2009, 06:56 AM
chevygirl302's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Sorry it sounds like you have been through alot lately. I hope the Clomid & Folic acid help you get your bfp!
February 6th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice to see you!! I am SO gald you wont need the blood thinner injects!!!

You know I have found with dealing with infertility for years and years to never make a plan when you are going to stop

Take it one cycle at a time and dont borrow worry from the cycle ahead. Harder said then done I know LOL

Presonally 34 is is still young enough for a few more yrs ttcing lol

I am hopeing and praying the clomid works asap! Take it one cycle at a time.

I am curently doing first cycle IUI with clomid and trigger and you are so right. It is very costly so I can see your point there. We decided if this does not work we will do 2 to 3 cycle injects and then go back to unassisted again.

Good luck!!!

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search