Need advice desperatly

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2009, 08:45 AM
ktbabe's Avatar Veteran
Hey girls.

As you may remember, I had a m/c on 4th January. I was about 5 weeks pregnant. My beta numbers a few days before more than doubled, then 2 days later on 4th jan at the u/s there was no heartbeat, just an area of bleed. I was given another u/s about 2 weeks later (19th Jan) and all had gone. The lining on my womb was thinning. They said I had had a complete miscarriage it devistated me.

Well get this, today I felt sick, tired, generally blah. I pee'd on my remaining pregnancy test. Its a BFP. I called the doctor who told me to treat it as a pregnancy, and to retest in 7 days then call him back for an u/s if that result is also a bfp. He said its very very rare and unusual for someone to get pregnant again so quickly after a m/c. Since I didnt have a period, I am totally confused. It means IF i am indeed pregnant, i concieved sometime between 4th jan - 4th feb....possible...but seriously, I bled until about the 20th January

Can you give me an opinion please? I have so many questions. If i am pregnant, are my chances increased for having yet another m/c for getting pg so soon?
Taryn, 6
Reagan, 4
Evie-Jo, 2.5

..and 4 angels in heaven

TTC#6
February 5th, 2009, 08:51 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
It is not rare! Well, at least not to me. Jeramiah was conceived that way and I've heard it happen to other girls. I don't know if you are at risk for another m/c and I've heard that girls are some what more fertile right after a m/c but I'm not so sure.

February 5th, 2009, 08:58 AM
ktbabe's Avatar Veteran
wow! Awesome! that is so what i need to hear right now. May I ask how far past m/c your were when you got your BFP with Jeramiah?

I'm driving myself insane here.
Taryn, 6
Reagan, 4
Evie-Jo, 2.5

..and 4 angels in heaven

TTC#6
February 6th, 2009, 06:35 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I had my miscarriage in Nov, the doctor told me the only reason they say to wait is for dating the pregnancy. She said there was no more of a risk of miscarriage if I was to get pregnant before 1 complete cycle then there was any other time. So, I don't think your risk is higher.
However, I think I would demand an appointment and get my blood drawn. Or ask what your last beta levels were. If they were falling, they should have been under 5 and if you have a + test, that means you're at or above 20ish.

Good luck!!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
February 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Quote:
wow! Awesome! that is so what i need to hear right now. May I ask how far past m/c your were when you got your BFP with Jeramiah?

I'm driving myself insane here.[/b]
If I am not mistaken, and this was a long time ago, I think it was right after my m/c. The same time frame you are in right now. I was told by my Dr at that time to try again RIGHT away.

February 6th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got pg exactly 7w after loseing Elijah at 17w pg and haveing a emerg d&c and a 3 unit blood transfusion after.

10 months 2 weeks after loseing Elijah I delivered a healthy baby boy.

I was told by my Dr that I could try as soon as Oed again as the risk was not any higher to m/c.

Good luck!!!!

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search