? for those who had to convince dh for "just one more"

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How did you do it? I have 3 beautiful girls but have a huge un-measureable desire for just another. DH doesn't want anymore mostly for financial reasons. We aren't wealthy but we do okay for ourselves so I know another would be managable so how do I convince him of this? How do I make him understand my desire for another, how do I make him understand how strong this desire really is?
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

March 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to skim39
My hub always looks at things the way men are supposed to I guess, financially, etc. Then I talk more and more about it, how it means so much to me mostly because I love him so much and our babies represent that love lol and he sees that spark in my eye and agrees. I remind him that I am not a material person and of my sacrifices for my babies and he knows they are what truly makes me happy.

Good luck....

Mommy to six
March 8th, 2009, 08:31 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just have to ask for sex and he'll give it... so talking him into it wasn't a problem

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
March 8th, 2009, 09:32 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello, I'm a lurker on this board...I have 4 kids , thought we were done...I've been wanting another now for about a year...My husband said No way, but I think I'm finally wearing him down ha ha...I basically told him that I want another baby, that after 4, I don't see how one more will be any harder since our kids are really so very easy good kids....I told him that WE ARE going to have one more, and we are going to start trying in May...I think deep down he really might of wanted one more, but just didn't admit to it...I guess I don't really have any good advice on how to change his mind...We have never had to "Try" to get pregnant and maybe now that we are getting older it isn't coming as easy to us, so we have to "try" this time...Good lucky and I hope someone else has some great advice for you.

March 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wishing Star: that made me laugh!
I wish I could just go off of my BC I am thinking I might and just tell dh that if he doesn't want another then he needs to prevent I would probably get my baby alot sooner that way.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

March 10th, 2009, 05:06 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I havent had to convince my dh yet, we have always wanted 6. Now that I just had #6 Im thinking I may want one more. Im pretty sure I will have to convince him somehow, I want to wait at least a year though so I have some time to figure that out!
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
March 10th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive been wanting and hubby kept saying NO we have to wait. Then our heath insurance changed so it would be 2K cheaper to have a baby, suddenly he's all Let's do it!

March 18th, 2009, 03:33 AM
My hubby is the one that kept wanting more babies , lol I told him after having my daughter that Id think about having one more when she turns 5 , well she turned 6 in feb and Im now 33 weeks pregnant with our first son . this is baby number 8 for me , I had 3 kids before dh and I got together and then we had 4 girls in a row .
March 18th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Cmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I have 5 kiddos. We are trying for #6 after just having a m/c My dh knew I wanted many kids and he wasn't always supportive. But then I'd just say I don't like BC and I don't want him to have a Vas. so we're going to have more I'm 35 and I BF for over a year so I really can't have too many more kids anyway KWIM?? HTH
DS - 9-18-03
DD - 3-5-05
DS - 9-7-07
DS - 3-24-10
m/c 2-14-09 Job Andrew @ 11 wks - EDD 9/3/09
m/c 5-19-09 @ 5 wks 6 days - EDD 1/13/10

It's a BOY!! - Matthew Malachi - EDD 5-5-10 - pProm 2-10-10 @ 28 weeks - Born 3-24-10 - 6 weeks early & 6 weeks after my water broke! 5lbs. 17 3/4"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search