Okay, tell me the truth...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
I guess I should introduce myself first. I'm Stacey, married to Jason and mommy to Wyatt and Carlie. To be completely honest, we're not sure how many children we want. We just know we're not done yet. He thinks at least 4, but I'm not sure I'll feel done after 4. KWIM? Well, we're contemplating TTC #3. And to be honest...I'm scared! Not scared of having a baby or being pregnant. But I'm scared that they'll out-number us! Haha!

So honestly--what's harder? Going from 1 to 2 kids or from 2 to 3? If we do start TTC next cycle, and if I do get prego, the kids will be about 2 years apart. So for awhile, I'd have 3 under 3 b/c my DS wouldn't be 4 until next Sept. Am I crazy??

Any advice is much appreciated! I know I want more kids, I'm just not sure I can handle them so close is age.

July 7th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Veteran
2 to 3 was so much easier than 1 to 2. By the time the 3rd one came along I had a pretty good routine down and knew what to expect for the most part. Its also easier cause they each get that much older with each additional blessing. We are now due with number 4 and I dont have a care in the world.

July 8th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we are expecting # 5 going from 0-1 and 1-2 was the hardest. I dreaded and feared 2-3 but when #3 arrived things went beautifully. 4 came along and just fell right into our routine

July 8th, 2009, 12:19 PM
mater bibit
Personally, I found going from 2-3 harder than 1-2. My oldest turned 3 just days after the baby was born and my daughter was 17 months old. They're both going in and out of various difficult phases which has been much more to deal with than just one toddler.

It really depends on your own children because children are all so different.
July 8th, 2009, 02:19 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Nope, you are not crazy! That's how all us large family mama's feel. It can get a little overwhelming some days but it is so worth it.

July 9th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
For me 2-3 was the hardest, My oldest was 3 years 5 weeks, and my 2nd was 15 months when #3 came so that was a lot of work but after that it has been pretty easy transitioning in the next ones.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 9th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
For me 2-3 was more difficult..but my oldest was 9 1/2yrs old when my second was born, and it was her father's first. Plus, our two youngest are only 10 1/2 months apart, I got pregnant 5 weeks after having my 2nd! And my 3rd was a very hard baby! He was just diagnosed with provisional autism, in April. We are just starting to get a routine down with him, and the rest of us. This is why we have finally both agreed on ttc#4.

I agree with YarnTotingMom, it all depends on your children. And I'm also a firm believer of the saying "God doesn't give us more than we can handle". I was pretty firm on being done with having children, up until a few days ago. Something inside just felt like I was ready and that we are meant to have another. You'll know when the time is right, if you choose to have another. Best of wishes in whatever you decide.
July 9th, 2009, 05:39 PM
mater bibit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
For me 2-3 was the hardest, My oldest was 3 years 5 weeks, and my 2nd was 15 months when #3 came so that was a lot of work but after that it has been pretty easy transitioning in the next ones.

That is very encouraging! I hope my experience, if I have another, is the same.
July 10th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a hard time going from 2-3...but when I went from 3-4 it was easy as pie...and released the "flood gates" I could handle many many more now LOL....When my 3rd was born I had a 3yo, 19 month old, and a new born....it was crazy for a while...but it all evened out and was great...then came 4 and she was such an easy addition to our family. Good luck

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
July 14th, 2009, 09:50 PM
When I was prego with #3 my dad warned me that going from 2-3 was much harder than going from 1-2. However, I didn't find it to be such a big adjustment. It really wasn't that bad. Good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search