Where is everyone?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2009, 08:24 AM
mater bibit
Maybe it's just coincidence but it seems like since the forum moved and became a sub forum there has been less activity in here ... or maybe it's just that I've been here less so what would I know anyway ... except that it appears to have been over a month since the last post ...

So is anyone still around?
October 6th, 2009, 05:43 PM
mater bibit
... don't think I don't see you, lurkers ...
October 7th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It is less active now. I'm not really TTC...just NTNP...so I'm here but not really....no PPAF yet so hard to "TRY" when you aren't fertile LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
mater bibit
I hear ya .. PPAF only showed up around here last week which is probably what reminded me to drop by
October 7th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL...how long was she away for you?!

I like your siggy...not only the quote...but we also homeschool, I'm a SAHM, I CD and I crochet wool LOL..(I can't knit to save my life)....fun

What number are you working on? Sorry if I should know...But can't remember meeting you before so in that case...I'm Martha (kids in siggy) they are 7, 5, 3, and just 1 in September.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 8th, 2009, 09:34 AM
mater bibit
7.5mo. With the first two she was only away 5 months but this little guy has been all over the place with his nursing so maybe that is why.

I'm so pleased to meet another homeschooling, cding, wool working SAHM I like to crochet as well but haven't done so for so long. If you happen to have any photos online of things you've made I'd love to see them I'd also love to know what curricula you've used for K and 1st. I guess we're not officially homeschooling yet since my oldest is only Pre-K ... maybe I should adjust my siggy to "(almost) homeschooling" Do you start your children in line with when they would start public school or just whenever they appear ready for Kindergarten?

Oh, If the Lord sees fit to bless us again it will be our 4th.
October 9th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to see if I can dig out a picture of what I've made....it's been a while since I've made anything. I'm working on some longies now for Olive but never get a chance to work on them so they are slow going...I think I'm going to have to make it a priority! LOL...I want her to USE them THIS winter LOL....

As for homeschooling...we've had some trial and error....We have used Sonlight, Abeka and My Father's World....none of them really suited us though I LOVED all the books that came with Sonlight...it was a nice library builder! LOL....Sonlight was a LOT of listening skills needed and DD wasn't ready for that...Abeka was a lot of busy work and I just didn't get into it with that one...MFW was ok...but I just didn't end up liking it much....

Currently we are doing a mesh of things....I found for me doing different curriculums works best....We are in 2nd grade here and in K....I bought several different company's curriculum...one for science, one for math..etc....and each one is broken in to lessons so we just do a lesson from each per day...works best for us...

As for grade level....My DD is "supposed" to be in 1st grade and is in 2nd...if I waited for her to be ready by the govt standards she'd be a year behind...she missed the cutoff by 25 days. So that was one of the reasons we started homeschooling...and then it bloomed from there LOL...

I'd love to see your woolies as well! Knitting just amazes me....I stink at it...not joking! LOL

Here's to hoping your cycle straigtens out so that you can TTC...though I'm sure you dont mind the break...I know I'm happy to not have an AF...and that God is naturally spacing my children on his own without help of chemicals

What are your children's names....(Oh and you didn't have to change your siggy...I think homeschooling starts with toddlers )

oops...guess I didn't go in to what we are doing for K this year....

For K we just do a workbook that has math and phonics in it....and then we are also doing "God's World News" for the K level....and he listens in on Science (Apologia Zoology 1)....K is such an easy grade....mostly introduction to things...and learning letter sounds and how to blend them once the sounds are established...I'm really laid back for K and 1st.

October 10th, 2009, 11:01 AM
mater bibit
I loved the look of SL but besides it being quite expensive I had heard it was a lot of busy work which isn't what I was looking for. I did recently get very interested in MFW, specifically their Adventures and the 5 year history rotation and I know it's an individual thing but I'd still like to hear what you didn't care for about it personally.

We are starting out following (or generally following) the Latin-Centered Curriculum (a book kind of like The Well-Trained Mind, slightly different educational philosophy) and although DS is only starting out slowly with K in the next week or so I've been looking ahead and considering other options for geography and history besides those recommended in LCC. MFW incorporates all the extra subjects that I was wanting to do (extra as in non-core) but I still have a lot of research to do first and really, a lot of time to do it in.

My DD was born in September and would be starting PS late as well and I'm thankful she doesn't have to. I grew up in Australia and there we started 1st grade the February of the year we turned 6, whether that was February or September so if I had been schooled here in this system I would have had been delayed a year and a half before getting to start since my birthday is in September too. It may be just from that personal experience but the idea of waiting so long is absurd to me.

Here's a couple of links to stuff I've made:
The YarnTotingBlog <-- I haven't been using this blog for a while .. but then, I haven't been knitting for a while either. The photos for most of what I've made are there though.
Wool - a set on Flickr <-- just a couple of extra photos of some of the longies and soakers in action.

I don't know where the photo of the skirtie I made is.

You know, I felt after this last pregnancy that I really did need a break - more so than after the others so this has been providential. My desire for a break seems to increase with each one They've been staying in longer and coming out quicker too (if that made sense). My first had to be helped out with a suction cup. My second came minutes after getting to the hospital via ambulance and into delivery room and my third was born in the hallway of the maternity ward. I was standing up fully clothed when his head came out. Honestly, I'm a little nervous about getting pregnant again Oh and their names: Locke will be 4 in February, Nika just turned 2 and Enoch is my little 8mo monkey.

I've been discussing elsewhere the topic of when one is considered as homeschooling and it's helped me see that it really is an individual thing so I may just stick it back in my sig.
October 10th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmm...well MFW for me was just dry...I dont know....it didn't seem that FUN...I heard a LOT of great things about the K level...I dont know...we just didn't enjoy it...hard to explain...BUT I also ordered a partial curriculum since I got it used. If I had a it all new in box and the ENTIRE collection it might have been smoother....but DD did love the BIble Reader...she's been reading it again this week LOL....Maybe I just wasn't good at using the curriculum the way it was intended?

I have heard of the well trained mind....you'll have to tell me what you think. Though, so far our stuff this year is going great.

Maybe your next one should be birthed at home? LOL...seriously. Might be the safest option for you! HA....

I know what you mean on the spacing though...sounds like your kiddos are similar in spacing as mine...and I love your names...I've brought Locke up to to Josh and I also love Enoch! How do you pronounce Nika (Nee-kah...Nigh-kah...Nick-ah)....

Anyway....I'll have to check out your pics....I'm short on time right now so I'll be back to do that and still gotta search for my pics to share with you...I know some of them are on photobucket just gotta find them.

October 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM
mater bibit
It's pronounced Nee-ka.

I considered a home birth but in NC only registered nurse midwives are permitted to attend home births and there are very few in the state that aren't affiliated with hospitals (and therefore required to deliver there). I think the closest ones I could find were an hour and a half away. The hospital is closer than that I really don't feel ok with the idea of an unassisted child birth (DH doesn't count and he'd prefer to keep it that way). I do hate the whole rushing to the hospital thing. It was such a stress on my body and I certainly don't want to deliver in the van or on the side of the freeway. I will endeavor to go in to the hospital much earlier next time should the Lord bless us again.

Looking forward to seeing your photos
October 10th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
aw bummer...well maybe by the time you are blessed again...there will be one that has moved closer to you?! One can only wish...right?

here is our last year's family picture Olive wearing the ones in the first picture

a headband to match the skirty

I dont know where the picture of these before being worn is..maybe I didn't take one...they are the same color as the pants with white trim and I embroidered a flower on the hiney...

(sorry you can barely see them in this picture)

That is all I have pictured and almost all I've done..there are a couple others...but no pictures....I have one that I need to finish the legs on it and then I started a pair of longies that I'm going to attach a skirty if I have enough yarn....

October 11th, 2009, 04:33 AM
mater bibit
Those are gorgeous! I am really fond of skirties right now. Do make your own patterns? I don't and only wish I was that skilled I just bought a new pattern that I'm looking forward to starting but I have to finish the skirtie I already have started first and Monkey needs some new longies. I can squeeze him into his NB ones but he looks a little emo. The skirtie I'm working on right now is very full .. perfect for twirling although I don't think my late walker is advanced enough in her gross motor skills for twirling yet. Due to it also being toddler sized and that I'm intending to attach longies underneath it ... lets just say it's taking a while I'll try to get a photo of the a-line skirtie Nika already has.

Your family photos are absolutely adorable, btw.
October 11th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks! The twirling skirt sounds beautiful!

I use the ladybugz patterns...they are so cute....I also have dandelion dreamers patterns. So far I like them both....the skirtie is from the ladybugz one though....

October 11th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
seriously you put my little bit of crocheting to shame...your work is awesome

October 12th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recumbent♥ View Post
I can squeeze him into his NB ones but he looks a little emo.

October 19th, 2009, 10:47 AM
mater bibit
MamaJessie! No hosting in here any more?

Martha, you make me blush

We have sickness here the past week and my 2yo is cutting molars. Poor thing. I couldn't find the color yarn I need to finish the twirly skirt for her so I'll have to try again this weekend .. hoping Michaels has a coupon ... wondering if they take ACMoore coupons ..

I am part way through a pair of longies for Enoch that should actually fit him but it's getting cold quicker than I can knit so I'm thinking of sewing up some fleece longies for both of them to fill out the stash a bit until I can get more knitting done! (sewing is not my strength so that will be quite a feat in itself regardless of how quick the pattern is to sew up ... it's the getting the machine out, threaded and turned on that's the problem ).

Oh .. and on topic .. I may or may not have ovulated in the past few days
October 19th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS...hope you all are feeling better now!!! fingers crossed for you to catch that egg... GL!!!

October 20th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
They do take AC Moore coupons and good luck with the baby making

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search