Rhythym

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2010, 06:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Well, right now I am trying to figure out my cycles so if (when ) we switch to NTNP I'll have an idea of what my body is doing. I was explaining to DH that we have the green light to DTD until Sunday and he looked at me like I was a witch doctor and was spreading my crazy magic juju spell. I told him it is called OVULATION and there is science involved and everything. He is an intelligent man, don't get me wrong, but I swear he cannot grasp that NFP and/or Rhythym are real.

I am getting really baby making antsy and DO NOT want another summer baby, so trying to work with my cycles and understand them is the only distraction from caving in to the baby making right now

Last edited by MamaJessie; October 1st, 2010 at 10:31 AM.
October 1st, 2010, 08:28 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's cute. But how do you know you won't be fertile until Sunday? Your signs of fertility could start anytime, no? Would he be open to attending an NFP class with you, so he can understand the science of it for himself?

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; October 1st, 2010 at 08:30 AM.
October 1st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I was using an ovulation calendar and am going to pick up some OPKs from the dollar store just to see if my body is coinciding with the calendar. Just curious.

I don't think he is interested enough to go to a class. I don't think I am interested enough for a class. Just trying to figure out my body

October 1st, 2010, 10:16 AM
Predicting fertility with a calender or based on your average cycle length is the Rhythm Method. It's pretty hit or miss, so you may already be NTNP without realizing it! Newer kinds of NFP are much more accurate for identifying the fertile and infertile days, whether you need to know for TTC or TTA.
October 1st, 2010, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was just logging on to edit my post. I'll edit the title and call it rhythym method, because you are absolutely right
I understand that the rhythym method is hit or miss so I am erring on the side of caution and giving us even less time than the calendar gives us. That's why I am going to get some OPKs too. It's really just a matter of being curious about my cycles and after 31 years I figure I ought to have some sense of such things.

October 1st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Gotcha! Let us know what your OPK's say. Fertility experiments are always fun!
October 20th, 2010, 04:29 PM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried temping MamaJessie? I use fertility friend's website and cyclepages.

With cyclepages I just put in my AF times and let it predict ovulation. With FF I do put the temps in and all the cm info. I use OPK's half the time. What I noticed with my cycles at least that cyclepages is a day later for ovulation than FF. I think that the cyclepages website is the one that is more accurate.

For me right now I will be ovulating according to FF on monday and with cyclepages it is tuesday. I would be due mid July.

Good Luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search