How old is too old?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I know if we didn't have any kids, everyone would say 40 isn't too old. But when you already have 7 or 8, it changes things. We aren't planning anymore right away but would still like at least 1 more. Is 40 too old to be trying for more? At what age is it too old?

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
August 30th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
"Too old" to me is after menopause. The ladies that are 70 and getting IVF are crazy! 40 is not old. To some people 40 sounds old for a woman, but they don't even bat an eye if a man is 40 or even older and has young children. In the end it is your personal decision

August 30th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, I think it's a personal decision.

And go on with your bad self thinkin' of havin' another already! I'm still to sleep deprived to even consider it, lol!
August 31st, 2011, 08:12 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I have a friend who had her 9th baby at 42, another friend who had her 11th baby somewhere in her early 40's. AND I know at least one woman who just had her third and is "done" because she thinks 30 is too old.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

August 31st, 2011, 12:29 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd think the opposite actually, that 40 is "old" to be just starting a family but not to be continuing a large family.

if that makes sense LOL.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
August 31st, 2011, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
It's a personal decision. It's impossible for one person to answer for another, just like "how many is too many"

December 15th, 2012, 05:22 PM
April 13th 2014 :)
40 isn't old by any means, but you also have to consider the increased risk of getting pregnant after the age of 40 as well.
December 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We always swore we wanted to be done by the time we were 30. So, we had 3, which was the number we agreed on before getting married, by the time we were 24 (almost 25). For a while, we thought that was good. We decided to have "just one more" at 34 and now we're having another at 36. Like others, I think it's all relative and a personal decision. For me, we had a bit of a scare with this one, which I'm pretty sure has to do with our age, and I don't think I can handle that stress of worrying again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search