Average Day

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2006, 10:53 AM
momoftwincesses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What does and average day look like for you guys?? I have to juggle baseball practice/games. Ballet, sports class, the gym, ob appts. With all the kids you are bound to have tons of extra cirricular activities. What are some of yours?
July 11th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well right now things are kind of quiet. My oldest drives so that has helped a lot. She will even help take children places they need to be. We home school and once the fall comes things get crazy. My sons have played soccer and this will be their first fall not playing it. My husband said we need a break. They were not on the same team and it made things busy. Basketball starts in October and then we are on the go a lot. My children play on a home school team. The girls are in a league and we travel a lot with this as well as 3 practices a week. My 11 year old I think will be moving up to JV or at least we hope so. This will mean 3 practices a week as well. This goes through February. Then March has a break until baseball season. Then life gets crazy again. It isn't as bad as when my oldest was in school. She will be off to college in the fall. We have different field trips we do as well as our co-op classes. I do not mind doing all this with the children. I see how fast the years go and I wouldn't miss it for anything. We still make plenty of family time. Even though we are together for school each day, family fun time is needed.

Wow that was a lot of explaining for a short answer. Sorry about that.

July 11th, 2006, 12:42 PM
tootienkyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tootienkyle Send a message via Yahoo to tootienkyle
My days in the summer aren't so crazy...but when school comes..My oldest is a cheerleader, she will be starting high school this August..she also competes in with her dance company and they are doing a big production number also this year, so right now, she is doing conditioning classes and dance camp. She has dance 2 times a week and then my 11 year old does dance also...along with my 4 year old. My son has numerous doctor appointments (he is hearing impaired). He does not play any sports as of yet though.

My days are filled with getting and taking them places..including their dads house (we are divorced). I am a stay at home mom for now so I have the kids during the days while he works when it is his days. I don't like the idea of my children being in a daycare, so I choose to do this.

Things get crazy..but they are sooo worth it!!!
July 11th, 2006, 02:59 PM
We are pretty quiet right now to.
Special Olympics keeps us busy through the school year and then soccer for my 6yo and then baseball come spring and summer for him. But I try to keep the activities to a minimum unless they jsut really want to do it.

Down Syndrome Connection of NWA
Visit our site - http://www.dscnwa.org/
</div>
July 11th, 2006, 04:14 PM
For me, the kids are on school holidays Both boys played soccer last year but only my eldest played this year, well, til he broke him arm a few weeks ago, he is out fot the rest of the season now. My middle son learns the keyboard at school and other than that things are pretty quiet....

I cant wait til they go back to school, they are starting to get on my nerves......
Logan 9mths

July 13th, 2006, 06:48 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I don't have a lot of extra curricular activities, but I am quite busy nonetheless. Usually I spend the morning doing JM stuff. The afternoon cleaning and playing with the kids. Evening time straightening up and finishing up any JM stuff.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
July 14th, 2006, 07:51 AM
momoftwincesses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
rndasie, my cousin also has downs. He is 31 now and is such a sweetheart. We grew up together and it was tough sometimes, but actually the good outweiged the bad. Congrats and Good luck in the SO, sounds like you guys have a great time.
July 15th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our schedules are always changing. Dh and I both work part-time jobs during the week. I work during the day Mon-Thurs and dh watches the kids. Then when I get home, dh goes to work (swing shift). On Tuesday and Wednesday nights dh has to drive almost an hour away to go to school (he's a Digital Media Production Major). On the weekends we are busy with our photography business. Dh and I own a photography business and we specialize in weddings and senior portraits so we usually have some type of photo job on the weekends. The weekends are the only time we have to use childcare so we have 2 different nannies that we rotate between. The kids are not involved in any activities right now because quite frankly our lives are just too darn hectic! LOL! My 6 year old DD used to be in gymnastics and we're considering starting her back up in the fall. My 9 year old son plays basketball in the winter, but he doesn't do any sports in the summer. Our youngest child is only 21 months so she is too young for any activities (thank goodness! LOL!)

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search