My Daily Vent

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having the WORST AF ever!!!!!! I just want to cry I can't even go anywhere because AF is so heavy (sorry if tmi). I got to deal with my newly pregnant friend last night which was no fun. I got to hear all about her morning sickness and future baby plans. I feel selfish for being jealous but she knows that we've been ttc for several months so it kind of upsets me that she talks about baby stuff in front of me.

I feel like other than you ladies I have no one to talk too. Dh is very supportive, but he doesn't understand what I'm going through. He wants another baby really badly, but he is so busy with work and school that he doesn't really give ttc much thought. I've tried to talk to a few people about how frustrated I've been with ttc and they make me feel like because I already have 3 kids I'm being silly for being frustrated. I get the whole "Well your obviously fertile because you've been pregnant so many times" or "Well at least you already have 3 kids so if you don't get pregnant again it's not that big of a deal". (Yes, my friends and family have actually said that to me). Just because I have 3 kids doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt like crazy every month that goes by without my BFP. I see babies or pregnant women in the store and it hurts. I guess I'm just overly sensitive right now because AF is here in full force. Not to mention that being around my pregnant friend last night really took a toll on me. I do realize that I'm extremely blessed to have my 3 kids, but I feel like I'm meant to have more children and I just want to know that it's going to happen!

Does anyone else ever feel like people aren't as supportive about your ttc woes because you already have children?

<div align="center"></div>
August 25th, 2006, 03:51 PM
tootienkyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tootienkyle Send a message via Yahoo to tootienkyle
Oh my...yes!!! I really don't like the fact that people say those things...just because we already have children, doesn't mean we don't go through everything they go through while trying to conceive. Yes, we have been blessed with children in life already, but we WANT just like any other woman TTC. Don't feel alone in this Kristen...we are all there with you and for you. I'm sorry you have to go through your friend talking about all of her pregnancy and baby things...I know it's hard, but it will be your turn soon (if it is meant to be) and then you can share yours with her. Cheer up...we are both on our 6th cycle together! Let's make the most of it! (cuz think about it, in a year or two from now when we have our babies already, we are going to be wishing we were back at square one experiencing it all over again!!!)
August 25th, 2006, 07:11 PM
MrsE's Avatar Member
I understand where you are coming from to!! Many people think im crazy to even consider having another baby. I dont think it matters how many kids you have the need and want is still the same.
I hope your AF settles quickly, i to have suffer from heavy bleeding and know how much it can control everything you do!

Take care
Baby #4 due 8 May
Grow baby grow!!!!!

August 26th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am right there with you. In the 20 years we have been married we have not used b/c since 1989. I have such a hard time getting pregnant. When I tell people I want another one they just do not understand. They tell me I have children already be happy for what I have. I am very happy that I have been blessed with them. But I can't change what my heart tells me. My heart aches to have more children. I so miss the little baby stage. I am afraid to tell anyone I want more because then if someone else gets pregnant and it isn't me it would just be weird. Unless you have this yearning for another baby and have a hard time TTC you just can't understand what it is like.

I am sorry your friend wasn't more understanding. She really should have been. Apparently she has never struggled with fertility and doesn't know how it hurts to wait month after month and each month deal with the disappointment. It is hard to not have it control your every thought.

Here is a big for you. You are not alone here. We understand and are going through the same thing.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search