OT: Almost Attacked At A Park

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had truly one of the worst days ever!!!!!! I'm sorry to be venting here, but I've already called most of my girlfriends and vented to them and I'm still very upset but it's too late to call anyone else! LOL!

After a very long day I took my kids to the park right down the street from our house. The park has a small play structure which says "Ages 2 to 5 only" It's not meant for older kids, but sometimes you will find teenagers on it. When we got to the park there was hardly anyone there which is unusual. There was a man there with his two teenage children and a dog. I was there alone with my 3 kids because my husband had school tonight. My kids are 9, 7, and almost 2. My older kids don't like to play on the play structure because it's mostly for younger children (not to mention they really aren't supposed to play on it) so they will play in the nearby field. They ran off to play and I was alone on the playground with my 23 month old DD. The man that was there was acting more like a big kid than a dad. He was standing on the teeter totter and jumping around on it (I thought he was going to break it for a minute). His 2 teenagers were climbing all over the play structure and were doing very dangerous things and weren't paying attention to my DD who was also playing on it. I thought it was kind of rude that the dad wasn't saying anything to his kids because his teenagers were climbing on top of the tube slide and climbing on top of the drawbridge which is very dangerous and of course not allowed. The whole time the kids were acting like monsters the dad just sat there not saying a word! I didn't say anything because I didn't want to cause any trouble so I just tried to ignore the dad and the teenagers even though I was getting annoyed because the kids kept almost running into my DD who is still very young. My DD was standing on the platform about to go down the slide when all of a sudden the teenage girl (who is a pretty large girl) decides to jump off of the bridge without even looking below her. She jumped down and landed about 4 feet below right on top of my DD's head, knocking her to the ground and almost snapping her neck. My DD was lying face down on the platform screaming hysterically. I immediately picked her up and screamed "OMG! You need to be more careful. There is a baby on here" Literally that's ALL I said to the girl and then I said "Come on kids we are leaving right now" My DD was still screaming in pain and I was worried that I was going to have to take her to the ER. The whole time this is happening the dad was still sitting there not saying a word!!!!!! He saw the whole thing and didn't bother to say anything to his daughter or come over to see if I needed help or check to make sure that my DD was okay. Anyway, I grabbed the kids and I walked over to our stroller and I turned towards the dad and I said "Nice supervision Dad". Well, the dad jumps up off the bench and proceeded to run over to me (I'm dead serious) and puffs out his chest and clenched his fists and got about a foot in front of my face like he was going to hit me! He started screaming in my face (while I'm holding my screaming 2 year old DD in my arms) and waving his arms in the air like a maniac. He said "Who in the #$%$ do you think you are yelling at my kids like that. What in the @#$# is the matter with you" UM? EXCUSE ME?!!!! I never once yelled at his kids except to say that they needed to be more careful around a baby, and then I said that comment to him (the dad) about his lack of supervision but literally that's ALL I said). I grabbed my cell phone and told him to get away from me and that if he took one more step I was calling 911. Literally he was in my face with clenched fists about to swing at me. I'm 5 ft 3 inches tall, and very petite. I couldn't hurt a fly and I'm the least intimidating person on the planet so I was shocked and horrified that a grown man would do this to me! I'm still shaking even as I type this. I began to cry and shake hysterically because I was absolutely terrified that he was going to hit me. My two older children were scared to death and my 23 month old DD was still screaming in pain over her injuries. As soon as the man saw me start to dial my phone (I was calling my DH) he took off with his kids. I didn't see where he lives and I don't know his name so I couldn't press charges on him. Since he didn't actually hit me and there weren't any other witnesses other than my 2 kids and his kids (who obviously wouldn't have told the truth even if they had stuck around) I really didn't have a case. I'm still very upset but fortunately my DD is okay. She is still acting a little weird and we are watching her very closely for neck and head injuries because of the severity of her fall (not to mention that she had a 140+ pound teenager literally jump on top of her head). We are sooo lucky that the fall didn't kill my DD. I keep thinking what if and that haunts me. My husband who is very over protective feels horrible that he wasn't there. I'm glad he wasn't there because he probably would've killed the guy! LOL! I do not want to go to the park again because I'm very frightened that he will be there again. I was so sure that he was going to hit me and it was very scary. Anyway, I'm glad we aren't ttc right now because I have been a nervous wreck all night. My heart is beating super fast and I feel sick to my stomach. It was not a good day

<div align="center"></div>
September 6th, 2006, 07:26 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
September 6th, 2006, 09:13 AM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How horrible!!! I hope you and dd are feeling a little better today!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
September 6th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so scary! Thank God you are both okay! I think you should have called 911 anyway in case those people return to the park I hope your little girl is feeling better soon
September 6th, 2006, 12:14 PM
tootienkyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tootienkyle Send a message via Yahoo to tootienkyle
OMG!!! That story gave me the chills reading it. I am like you...short and petite and wouldn't hurt a fly and couldn't if I tried but I would have snapped if some teenager did that who wasn't even supposed to be there and then her poor excuse for a father was standing there watching her do it and doesn't even say anything? WOW some people have nerve! I wouldn't go back to that park either. And to draw his fist up on you and cuss like that in front of your kids...it just goes to show that he shouldn't even be a father, what kind of example is that? The whole time you told the story, I didn't see one ounce of responsibility from that man, letting his kids play on equipment that is supposed to be for 2-5 year olds?? ok maybe i can see it if noone else is there, but to use them in ways they should not, and when another little child is there, definitely not! UGH that makes me mad. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Noone should have to. People should be more responsible for their children and have more respect for others! Sorry Kristen...HUGS!!!

And give your little girl hugs from me too...I hope she is doing better and is not traumatized by that!
September 6th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Veteran
I am glad that DD seems to be okay. I am so sorry that happened to you and that your kids had to witness that. That man was completely out of line. What in the world was he thinking? Anyway, try to relax and take it easy...you need it after what you have just been through. I will keep you and your DD in my prayers.

<iframe src = "http://w78.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstamp&featurena me=Kids&pa=/j100/busymomof3/" height = 405 width = 390 border='0' frameborder='0' ></iframe>

~~~ Stacy ~~~
Wife to Keven & mommy to
Brittany, Kaitlyn, KJ, and our newest addition, Breanna
September 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you to everyone who replied My DD is okay and I'm feeling better now that I've had a few days to calm down. I still haven't gone back to the park which is a shame because it's a nice little park, and we live in a pretty nice neighborhood so you wouldn't think things like this would happen. I guess there are stupid people everywhere you go, but it still bugs me how ignorant this guy was! I just can't imagine yelling and cussing at a mother in front of young children. What a creep! I probably should've called 911, but I was scared and I just wanted to try and forget about the whole incident. What really bugs me is I'm afraid to go outside now because I dont know where this guy lives. Everytime I go outside I'm constantly looking around. I don't think the guy lives by us since the park is a few blocks away, but I'm still a little frightened. Hopefully I will never run into him again. Our house has been up for sale for a few weeks and we want to move about 30 miles away so we will soon be gone...YAY!

<div align="center"></div>
September 8th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That makes me mad that you don't even feel safe taking your kids to the neighborhood park now. What a jerk - I really wish he had gotten in trouble. Maybe if the kids want to go out you can find a girlfriend or neighbor to come with you - strength in numbers, ya know? Or else just wait till dh can join you. And make sure you remember that cell phone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search