Went to the Clinic today

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2006, 08:32 PM
ypperin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well stopped by the walk in clinic today - just wanted to confirm my BFP from yesterday.

The nurse was nice enough to leave the test so that I could see as well - it came up again with a faint BFP that was darker by comparison to the three I took yesterday.

The doc on the other hand, knowing that we are trying to conceive, did a really great job making me feel insecure and told me that because it was faint - it may not be a true positive, even after I told him I took three others (actually four) all different brands..... told me I could get my HCG tested or wait a week cause it normally takes until day 21 (after ovulation) for a good dark positive....

Of course I'm sitting there going, well the fact that it's nearly twice as dark as yesterday is a great sign is it not????

I let him write up the form to get the HCG serum test, but I don't think I'll take it, if this pregnancy is meant to be, a test in a week will tell me that, if it's not, I'll m/c - and as much as I hate that thought, it's better than thinking there is something I can do to prevent it.

What do you think?

September 11th, 2006, 08:47 PM
tootienkyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tootienkyle Send a message via Yahoo to tootienkyle
Well if it were me, I would do the blood test just to ease my mind. But it is true..if it is meant to be..it will be and if not..it won't. I would think that all those faint BFP's cannot just be flukes. And the fact that it is darker now...is a very good sign. Keep us updated, did you ever take a digital yet??? Best of luck to you!
September 11th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Denise....I would think that 4 tests cannot be wrong! I would say if you got that many BFP's then you're pregnant! Good luck and keep us updated!

<div align="center"></div>
September 11th, 2006, 10:01 PM
ypperin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't particularly like digis - they test bost LH and HCG and so are common to give a false negative - especially if taken when the line is faint - just from what I have read - they detect on the strength of the color - being that I am only showing faint - it would be better if I waited the week to take a digi - and I think that's what I will do -

Thanks for all the great info ladies, very much appreciated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search