How many children would you like to have? And you dh?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2006, 01:40 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are undecided at least 1 more
September 12th, 2006, 07:15 PM
tootienkyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tootienkyle Send a message via Yahoo to tootienkyle
We would like to have 2 more! (to make it an even 6!)
September 13th, 2006, 08:45 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just one more!
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
September 13th, 2006, 11:12 AM
~* LiSa *~
My husband would like to have one, possibly two more. I would be fine with either or.
September 13th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Right now we are thinking 4 - we only have 2 so far. My dh has always wanted a big family but as said it is up to me since I have to go through the pregnancies - he just said he wanted at least 2 so Beth wouldn't be an only child. He is okay with 4 but I'm sure if I wanted more he would be happy to go along with it.
September 13th, 2006, 12:21 PM
~* LiSa *~
Quote:
Right now we are thinking 4 - we only have 2 so far. My dh has always wanted a big family but as said it is up to me since I have to go through the pregnancies - he just said he wanted at least 2 so Beth wouldn't be an only child. He is okay with 4 but I'm sure if I wanted more he would be happy to go along with it.[/b]

clouise: Wow! Your babies are so close in age! My sister and I are only 15 months apart and we are very close - even till this day! Just curious... are your two best of friends or worst of enemies? LOL I'm not sure how it is for a boy & girl being that close in age...I can only speak for girl & girl.
September 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I want 4. I have 3 now, ages almost 3, almost 2, and 5 months. I'm thinking I want to have one more, but not until Kylie is at least 18 months old. Having kids close in age is TOUGH! Two is easy to manage, but adding my 3rd into the mix put me over the edge, I need a break first before having my 4th!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

September 15th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Right now we are thinking 4 - we only have 2 so far. My dh has always wanted a big family but as said it is up to me since I have to go through the pregnancies - he just said he wanted at least 2 so Beth wouldn't be an only child. He is okay with 4 but I'm sure if I wanted more he would be happy to go along with it.[/b]

clouise: Wow! Your babies are so close in age! My sister and I are only 15 months apart and we are very close - even till this day! Just curious... are your two best of friends or worst of enemies? LOL I'm not sure how it is for a boy & girl being that close in age...I can only speak for girl & girl.
[/b]

Yeah, its funny how it worked out like it did. I had three m/c's and then it took us 5 months to conceive our daughter. So we were thinking it would take us a while with #2 also. lol..nope, we got pregnant with #2 the first month we tried. That would have made them 17 months apart but then he turned out to be an impatient one and was born at 29 weeks. Thankfully he is healthy and I feel blessed to wake up to two beautiful babies everyday.

The first month or so I had both of them at home was really hard. They are great now though. Beth loves to give him kisses and bring him things - I just have to watch her b/c she'll try to feed him cheerios and stuff like that..lol. I hope she continues to be this friendly when he gets a little older and wants to play with her toys - I doubt it though!

September 15th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
We are undecided on how many more also, I'm thinking 2 more but you never know.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

September 15th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Christi_Momof12's Avatar Regular
We both hope for 5 or 6 more.
Christi

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Dave 39,Christi 36, Our 13 blessings
Jessica 17, Chad 16, Dalton 14, Austin 12, Bailey 10, Gage 9,
Kaylee 8, Harper 6, Emma 5, Rebekah 4, Trevor 2,
Walker 17 months, and Morgan 4 months.</span>

Family Pictures
September 15th, 2006, 09:39 AM
~* LiSa *~
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

Yeah, its funny how it worked out like it did. I had three m/c's and then it took us 5 months to conceive our daughter. So we were thinking it would take us a while with #2 also. lol..nope, we got pregnant with #2 the first month we tried. That would have made them 17 months apart but then he turned out to be an impatient one and was born at 29 weeks. Thankfully he is healthy and I feel blessed to wake up to two beautiful babies everyday.

The first month or so I had both of them at home was really hard. They are great now though. Beth loves to give him kisses and bring him things - I just have to watch her b/c she'll try to feed him cheerios and stuff like that..lol. I hope she continues to be this friendly when he gets a little older and wants to play with her toys - I doubt it though!

[/b]
That's great news! I can see the love in the pictures! They are so cute!
September 15th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
Df and I haven't started ttc yet , but when we do I will definately be joining you guys on this board I want 8 -- but until we know we can afford that many, we want 4 ( at the least lol).

September 15th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Arien's Avatar Veteran
I have three from before my marriage, and DH and I would like 2-3 more. Then we want to adopt! I honestly don't know when we'll stop. Whenever we decide we can't handle anymore financially, physically or emotionally.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11c42c" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am hoping for 1 more
dh is still deciding

September 17th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love lots more but I have to many things against me. My age and fertility problems are the biggest. My heart aches to have another baby.

September 17th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Arien's Avatar Veteran
Motherof5, I understand your pain. In spite of our hopes to have more, it's not looking like we will. I'm 34, and had pre-term labor with all of my previous children. My doctor told me to be done with pregnancy by the time I'm 35 or I might not be able to carry any to term anymore. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 9 cycles now, and I have a feeling this month will be unsuccessful as well. Aunt Flow is due tomorrow, and I have this bad feeling that she will show up right on time.

We have begun to turn our efforts to adoption, but the costs and all the hoops you have to jump through seem overwhelming. I've been told by several friends who have adopted that our home probably will not pass the home study because heating and cooling vents were never put into the back bedrooms, and we can't afford to have it done right now. So we're getting pretty discouraged with that option as well. We are having to deal with the fact that our dream to have more children, either biologically or through adoption, may never materialize.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11c42c" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 18th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I want 1 more, making 4 but Scott wants as many as possible. I keep telling him maybe 5 altogether but not really more after that. My body is really working against me right now.

September 24th, 2006, 08:59 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
dh jokes he is done now. and sometimes i have to admit it hurts my feelings cause i kinda feel like he is joking in a serious way...i want 6 kids honestly! i want a houseful, but i think i may have to settle for 3 or 4. no wait a minute. im getting my 6 darnit! lol
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
September 24th, 2006, 10:58 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
We would like four total... so one more.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

October 4th, 2006, 11:10 AM
pdeters28610's Avatar Veteran
I would love to add 2 more children to our family right now we have 4 children...i'm praying for more...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search