Are you a SAHM or do you work outside the home???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2006, 08:48 AM
tootienkyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tootienkyle Send a message via Yahoo to tootienkyle
Do you stay at home with your children and choose not to work because you don't have to?? Or do you have to work outside of the home because of financial reasons? Or do you work outside of the home because you like to and you enjoy your career???

I am a SAHM...but my youngest is now 5 and we NEED for me to work. I will not take just any job though. It doesn't pay to work somewhere unless you make a certain wage because of daycare costs. I have always enjoyed staying at home and have always wanted to do it until the kids were all in school and that time has come...

We are TTC though...and I don't know what will happen if/when we have a baby...that...we will see!!!
September 15th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I SAH most of the time unless we need the extra $ then I work while dh is home.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 15th, 2006, 10:31 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a SAHM
September 15th, 2006, 11:37 AM
~* LiSa *~
I have 5 children and work full-time, 6 days a week, 25 miles from home. The beauty is that even though I work full-time, I am always with my children. I am home in the mornings to take them to school and am off in time to pick them up from school. I love being able to have the luxeries of a SAHM while pulling in a full time income. My youngest is in her last year of pre-school, and likewise, I take her to school in the morning after dropping off the others and pick her up after school is out. It's nice because my husband has the same flexible schedule as I do. We used to both take the kids to school in the morning and both pick them up, but now they are older and don't get as excited to see us! LOL So I just do it now.

GL with whatever you decide. If being a SAHM works for you, then I'd say stay home. But if you're like my family and need the income, then perhaps you can work until you have the baby you are TTC.
September 15th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Arien's Avatar Veteran
I work outside the home because I have to, but as soon as we can afford it I'll be staying home full-time. I was working full-time, and now we're managing with me working only part-time. We're gradually getting our debts paid off and then I can stay home.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11c42c" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 17th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went back to work as a nurse's aide part-time about a year ago when my youngest DD turned 1. I really didn't want to go back to work but I didn't have much of a choice (financial reasons). I've been working part-time for the last year until last week when I found a full time job as a Special Education Assistant for the school district. The adjustment period has been difficult. I miss my DD a lot (the older kids are in school all day), but my youngest stays home with DH. We are fortunate that we don't have to use childcare because DH works at night and I work during the day. We also own a photography business but most of our work is on the weekends. We have 2 different nannies that we hired who watch the kids when we have a wedding.

<div align="center"></div>
September 17th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am really lucky that I can work and still be with my children. I home school them and have for 14 years now. About 2 weeks ago I took a part time job as secretary at our church 15 hours a week and it can be whenever I want to work. I can take them with me if I need to. I have older children so they can stay home as well. It is only 10 minutes from home and has worked out very well. School comes first so I make sure I have time for that. I usually always take one of the children with me to the church. We are the only ones there and it is nice. I still consider myself a SAHM.

September 17th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Arien's Avatar Veteran
That sounds like a wonderful setup, Motherof5. I wish I could do something like that.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11c42c" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 18th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I work outside the home for financial reasons but I do not mind it in the slightest. I was getting burned out at home only talking to other adults on the computer or on the phone. I like face-to-face interactions. Of course sometimes the customers can be worse than children

September 24th, 2006, 09:37 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
i still consider myself a SAHM...but i took on a part time job at victoria secret. it helps with being able to get out of the house-duties rut, get some makeup on and get dressed all pretty. and i get lots and lots of personal face to face interaction. the extra money is good but alot of it goes right back to the store LOL

we don't need the money at this point, but if i get the 6 kids i want then maybe i will have to get a job for the money. but my home and kids always come first. i think that is the success of having a happy large family.
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
September 25th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a sahm. I'm not sure if I'll go back to work later or continue to stay home but I feel very lucky to get to be here right now while my babies are so young.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search