big family after c-section?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2006, 03:53 AM
bargdill's Avatar Veteran
is anyone out there attempting a big family after thier first baby was a cesarean. i always wanted like 7 kids but now i don't know how likely that is. i want to attempt vbac, but haven't looked into if the hospital here will even do it.

my chart

September 16th, 2006, 04:49 AM
ypperin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
is anyone out there attempting a big family after thier first baby was a cesarean. i always wanted like 7 kids but now i don't know how likely that is. i want to attempt vbac, but haven't looked into if the hospital here will even do it.[/b]
My first was a c-section, my second a vbac, and my third we're hoping will be natural as well..... make sure you have lots of support and a great doctor to keep an eye on you, hopefully everything will go well

September 16th, 2006, 06:51 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't but hopefully someone can help you.I would think it depends on why you had the 1st C-Section.
September 16th, 2006, 09:36 AM
~* LiSa *~
Sorry hun, I don't know much about this. But I do remember hearing that women nowadays have successful vaginal births after cesarians. Best of luck to you!
September 16th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
My cousin has had 6 c-sections. So it is possible I think the risks of a ruptured uterus go up with everyone but she told me that her obgyn is not too concerned.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

September 16th, 2006, 11:24 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my first as section, and have had 2 successful vbacs. I am hoping for one more.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
September 18th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I had a c-section with my 1st, vbac with my 2nd and c-section with my 3rd. I have resources and links about having a vbac again because I do not want to be pushed into another c-section when it might not be necessary.

September 19th, 2006, 05:01 PM
bargdill's Avatar Veteran
thanks everyone, I am not sure of the exact reason for the section. baby was in there slightly crooked and i pushed 2 hours and doctor said she should have moved more than that so i guess they probably said she was to big for me. also, my blood pressure was going up and her heart rate was starting to be lower, by the way she weighed 8.9 and i am 5'2 but i do really want to try to stay in shape and eat right in hope of having a smaller baby, think it is possible?

my chart

September 20th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Super Mommy
1st was c-section so was my 2nd & this will be my 3rd section. We are not usre how many kids we want exactly but I have not had a problem yet.
September 24th, 2006, 09:03 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
my first 2 were cestions, first one emergency and second one..well no one here does vbacs and i didn't look into my option clealry enough. so im hoping to vbac and hopefully homebirth the rest. that's why i want to wait a couple years until i try that considering a midwife may not be ok with doing a vbac at home so soon after the section. so im giving myself like 3 years to heal.

look into getting a midwife.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search