TTC

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2006, 09:25 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
this is NO way to start a debate, im just curious as to how religious families handle this sort of situation. because one night at dinner with another couple who are engaged to be married and have not been sexual with each other yet, they asked me and dh if we use protection of any sort. and we said yes, condoms. they said they don't feel you have to use protection because pregnancy will happen in God's time so they won't be using any.

not that i feel any certain way about it, cause it's not for me to judge at all. but with having large families, im asking you all...if you have practiced their way of a sexual relationship or did you use protection and just not use it when you decided to TTC?
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
September 25th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We use birth control - we can't afford nor do we want the 10-15+ kids I think I would have if we never prevented pregnancy.

I am a Christian but I am not sure I agree with the whole "God lets you get pregnant in his time " idea. If that's true then why do 12 and 13 year old girls get pregnant? What about crack-heads who give birth to sick and addicted babies? And why can't married couples who have been ttc for years and years have kids instead? To me there is a certain amount of free will involved and I feel like we should be responsible and only have the # and spacing of kids we can care for - physically, emotionaly, and financialy.
September 25th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband and I are Christians. We have not used b/c since early 1990. We did use the pill for a short time but then learned I just do not get pregnant easily and we stopped all use of b/c. I also have used clomid for many pregnancies. I do believe that if you are having problems getting pregnant that it is ok to seek medical help. I ran into people questioning me about using clomid and said I am out of God's will. I have a medical problem and if I didn't use the clomid I would not have all the children I do have now. Now we are just hoping and praying that I will get pregnant again. I will be 40 in October and if it happens it happens. I do not know if that really answered your question but that is where we are coming from.

September 25th, 2006, 07:55 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you like the tough questions huh

I too am a Christian and I we took the ultimate step a vasectomy as you know.However that did not stop God and we got pregnant without medical help after 7 years.That said I think using bc is fine and if you are meant to get preggo it will not stop Gods will.

some non bc users practice non medical bc like charting or withdrawl
September 25th, 2006, 08:48 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
Quote:
some non bc users practice non medical bc like charting or withdrawl[/b]
YES I HAVE HEARD OF SOME WOMAN AT CHURCH USING THE FAMILY PLANING METHODS..

whoa shouting sorry..
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
September 26th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Regular
My husband and I have been married 10 years. We have never used birth control. We married later in life (he at 38,myself at 36). We have 6, now. The reasons not to use BC are a couple. I don't feel as natural as a woman. It probably sounds hokey, but, I feel like I'm stiffling some part of my womanly self by fiddling with my feminine parts. Also, with my husband I feel a freedom to be everything I am, including my sexual self. And, he is happy whether I am pregnant or not. In other words, he's OK with me getting pregnant.
P.S. We believe in Jesus and everything he taught. We are not part of any organized church, except for our own family church.
February 2nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
Super Mommy
We use rhytm method ( with abstain during the fertile times) for a long time.
For a short time a IUD, we not happy

February 3rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Close2MyHeart's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Close2MyHeart
We are Christians... and we use NFP w/ withdrawal around the time of ovulation if we are TTA. I see nothing wrong with that and feel no convictions bout that.

I do have convictions about using hormonal birth controls, but I don't want to start a debate, so we'll let that be
February 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
We are christians. But I agree that there is some free will in deciding how many children my husband and I will have.

My dh had a V 2 years ago this March. We regreted it almost instantly. I guess going against my catholic believes bit me...big time. We are currently awaiting for our reversal surgery(in June). But in the mean time, we are praying for a miracle. Doesnt hurt to pray

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
Scarlett Arya('15)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

February 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Serena ~ What made you regret the vasectomy? Was it that you wanted more children or that you felt it was wrong? DH & I are contemplating a vasectomy or tubal after our fifth, but I see more and more people wanting reversals and it has me thinking
February 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Becca, dont do it!!! Unless you are 110% sure you are DONE DONE DONE.

We regreted it because we long for another child. When I agreed to it, my youngest was less than a year old. He was still up 5-6 times a night, I was stressed, over tired and just tired of hearing all the comments from other people.

A very expensive mistake we made.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
Scarlett Arya('15)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

February 5th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Dh is pretty sure... and if this one ends in c/s again I'll be confident that we're done. I guess we'll just see what happens. I hate the idea of something permanent, but we hate condoms and like I said I won't take b.c., so if we're sure we're done, we'll want to do something. I just don't want to make a rash decision.
February 7th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh and are Born Again Christians about 13 yrs now I feel God is in control of our family size but we have free will to NOT get pg if we chose not to (unless God pulls off a miracle lol)

I used NFP and have for 8 yrs to TTA and TTC. I also have had secondary infert and have a clomid baby #7.

After clomid my body self corrected and I have been getting pg first cycle trying ever since
(Thank you Jesus!)

We dont plan to keep haveing kids after 42/ 43 at the latest for several reasons. We would really love about 12 or more if God willing.

I am 37 and pg with #9 and dh is 43.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
February 7th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are catholics and yes I know we shouldn't however I'm WAY too fertile not too. If we didn't, I'd be barefoot and pg each day of our marriage.

I suppose you could use family planning and just not DTD around O but I'd be too afraid of screwing it up.

February 7th, 2008, 07:41 AM
MomTo3Girls2Boys's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to MomTo3Girls2Boys
All our kids were planned. When we aren't TTC we use the withdraw method and it has worked along with the Family planning (don't BD around fertile times, CM).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search