O/T Sorry I've been gone....(and will continue...)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2006, 09:30 AM
tootienkyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tootienkyle Send a message via Yahoo to tootienkyle
Monday at 3:30 I received a call from my 14 year old's friend's cell phone. I was told that my daughter (Kelsey) fell and hurt herself. She is in cheerleading and has practice after school 3 or 4 nights a week. I went up to school and the coach met me outside with Kelsey and her friend. The coach told me that she had her trainer look at her and that nothing was broken and that she would be fine. Well I could tell she was in tremendous pain and couldn't move either arm. She had blood on her face, her mouth was bloody, and her 2 top front teeth went through her bottom lip. I took her to the emergency room and sure enough...2 broken wrists. Her jaw was hurting...she chipped a tooth...UGH!!!! So come to find out...she was doing an "elevator" (where 2 girls lift her from her feet...)then she was supposed to do a "cradle"...where she falls backwards...She is supposed to have a spotter in front of her and in back of her. She didn't have one in front...and down she went, face first, trying to catch herself with her hands (natural reaction). I am so upset with the school. I know accidents will happen with sports and whatnot, but the things they said to her. Kelsey told her coach that she couldn't do this move and the coach told her that she would have to otherwise she would be kicked off of the squad. Then when she fell, she layed there with a mouth full of blood and the coach told her to get up and shake it off. Kelsey told her she couldn't move her arms. Her friend took her to the bathroom and cleaned up some of the blood then called me.

Sorry this is so long. She has a cast on each arm...I just had to bathe her and do her hair and make her lunch...it is like taking care of a baby all over again! So I won't be on much this week, until she is feeling better and not taking her vicodin!!!

I hope everyone is doing well...I miss being on so much and wish everyone lots of luck!!!

ETA: and then...I forgot to add this..yesterday while in the Orthopedic Surgeon's office...she was getting her temp cast from the ER off of the left arm and my 11 year old got sick all over...so she had to go lay down 2 rooms down and I had to go back and forth to see how each one was doing!!!!!!!!
September 27th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh my gosh! what has the coach said since she has been to the ER? i would be so fuming!!!! i really hope both your girls are doing better!!!

September 27th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Mari13007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG! I hope your daughters recovery is quick and that they both feel better soon. I can't believe the nerve of some people. I would march to the school and make an official complaint against that coach. That is just completely irresponsible!

My BFP Chart[/url]
September 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Wow I am so sorry!I hope the pain eases fast & I would be fuming too.
September 27th, 2006, 04:58 PM
nikkim382's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG stupid coach!! I would send him/her the bill!!!

Waiting patiently for my little Leila
</div></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">
</div>
September 28th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If I was you I'd make sure that coach was no longer the coach anymore. I'd for sure go to the prinicpal and if that didn't work the school board. No joke, that is ridiculous. And obviously his trainers don't know what they are talking about either. I"m so sorry. I can't imagine.
September 28th, 2006, 07:30 AM
tootienkyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tootienkyle Send a message via Yahoo to tootienkyle
Hi ladies...thanks for all of your support...I will be giving you all updates on Kelsey and the "situation". We are having a meeting Friday at 4:00 with everyone involved. The principal wanted to end his "investigation" yesterday morning because he felt he was satisfied with what he had gathered from everyone (UM HE HAS YET TO EVEN TALK TO MY DAUGHTER!) Everyone else has been really supportive of Kelsey...the neighbor gave her a bag full of candy...her boyfriend's mom made her some chocolate chip cookies and gave her a bag of her favorite candy..m&m's....It really shows me that there are still very thoughtful, considerate, nice, compassionate people still left out there in this world! (And this board has always shown me that also, that is why I find such comfort here!) Thanks ladies!

my 11 year old has been ok ever since her "episode" at the office...just wanted to let everyone know!!!
September 28th, 2006, 08:14 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad your 11 yro is feeling better

I can't believe the principle was going to close it without talking to your daughter.Has he even got a medicle report with her injuries?The fact that they said the trainer looked her over and she was ok is unexceptible.An ambulance should have been called to at the very least.

hugs to you and your family
September 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG Denise!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear this! I was a varsity cheerleader for 4 years during high school so I'm very familiar with the sport. Our squad was very competitive (we even participated in the NCA Championships in Dallas, TX). That being said, I think your coach is acting completely irresponsibly!!!!!!! As a parent I'm shocked that she would show such a blatant disregard for your daughter's safety/health. Those stunts can be very dangerous and I knew many cheerleaders who were seriously injured (some of them even had permanent injuries that stayed with them forever). If your daughter didn't feel comfortable performing the stunt then she should not have been threatened and intimidated to perform it. In my opinion the coach should be held responsible for the accident. You definitely need to have a serious discussion with the coach and I would go above her head and have a chat with her supervisor. There is no excuse for that and I would be outraged!

I'm really sorry your daughter is hurt and I hope she feels better soon! (((Hugs)))

<div align="center"></div>
September 30th, 2006, 10:52 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
DITTO!!! everything the girls said above. that is HORRIBLE. and i know that it won't make your daughters injuries go away but it will stop other girls from getting hurt. that is so upsetting. i bet it's a hard time for your daughter right now too. very hurt - physically, emotionally exhausted from it all. i hope she feels better soon, and i bet she does with them drugs lol

(((big hugs for her)))
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search