Reasons for wanting a big family?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2006, 06:25 PM
mpwife_89's Avatar Veteran
Someone asked me that the other day. They thought it was odd in this day and age that people would want a large family. What are some of your reasons for wanting a large family?

Nicholas 17
Ashlee 16
Cassidy 14
Anthony 13
Dominic 18 months
Roman, Born July 6, 2006 at 1503, 9lbs 8ozs

October 15th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
For me it just feels right

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

October 16th, 2006, 05:48 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dh was an only child in a family who had 1-3 children.Sadly most of his family is dead and he doesn't have any close family.He didn't want that for his children.

I came from a huge family and extended family.Large families seem natural to me
October 16th, 2006, 07:02 AM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I came from a family of two children, my brother and myself. I am pretty lose with my brother although he's back home in NJ, but I have no sisters or anyone else close to me, besides my mom. My DH comes from a family of 5, he's the oldest. I actually became pretty close with HIS sister, and I guess I just figured if I had at least 3 or 4 or more kids they'd always have that chance to be close. Now, DH isn't super close with his siblings, but I guess you always take that chance. He loves them, but only talks to them occasionally. They come to visit every now and then. He was the first to have kids, his sister has 1 child and his preggo with #2, and we became close since she had her daughter. I think I just love the idea of having a lot of family around, and being close and doing things together, having built in support system. I just hope they are all close as they grow up, makes me sad to think that one day they might not even live in the same state!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

October 16th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I guess it has to do with my husband and mine's love of children. From the day we met we agreed we wanted a big family.

October 17th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Well, actually our story is a bit odd....I had 2 children from previous relationships, both boys. All my life I always said I wanted two children, a boy and a girl. I was an only child (I have siblings but never really knew them as the grew up in different households). When we met and after he proposed we knew we wanted a child together (this would be his first) and I desperatly wanted my girl! After a few months of me being pg w/ DD I told him that I don't want a middle child, so we decided on 4 children, lol. That wasn't good enough for me, I love kids, eventually I came out and told him the truth, I want 6! He was shocked at first, not from the number, but that I actually wanted more, so did he. And now we are at a decision of 6. I am secretly hopeing for twins on #6 so I get #6 and #7 cause we already decided no middle child, so I'd have to go for #8 LOL. He knows I want twins, but he doesn't know my want for twins on #6 or my reasons for wanting twins on #6, lol. He will find out eventually.
October 17th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Quote:
Well, actually our story is a bit odd....I had 2 children from previous relationships, both boys. All my life I always said I wanted two children, a boy and a girl. I was an only child (I have siblings but never really knew them as the grew up in different households). When we met and after he proposed we knew we wanted a child together (this would be his first) and I desperatly wanted my girl! After a few months of me being pg w/ DD I told him that I don't want a middle child, so we decided on 4 children, lol. That wasn't good enough for me, I love kids, eventually I came out and told him the truth, I want 6! He was shocked at first, not from the number, but that I actually wanted more, so did he. And now we are at a decision of 6. I am secretly hopeing for twins on #6 so I get #6 and #7 cause we already decided no middle child, so I'd have to go for #8 LOL. He knows I want twins, but he doesn't know my want for twins on #6 or my reasons for wanting twins on #6, lol. He will find out eventually.[/b]
you sneaky girl

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search