Advice Needed

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2006, 08:34 AM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For anyone who read my last post about being in the 2WW, this is sort of the same post but I need ideas and advice about what to think. Here is a summary of what's going on. I've been nursing my DD since birth, she is 6 1/2 months old now. I started supplementing very early, like at 2 weeks with formula. I nursed pretty much the first 4months with only like 1 or 2 bottles of formula a day, an then around 4 months started using more formula and only nursing a little during the day and at night. Slowly I weaned down to only nursing at night, now i'm barely nursing once a day, and for th elast month her nursing sessions have only been like a minute or two, then she wants her bottle. I have not gotten a period AT ALL sinc eher birth. So, anyway, I started taking the pill 2 months ago, then messed up last month and just stopped taking it. DH and I have used NO other protection at all, with withdrawl (sorry if TMI!). So, I've still not gotten a period. I have no idea if I could be pregnant or not, or even if I ovulated. Shouldn't I have gotten a period though? It's been like over 2 months since I actually have nursed on a schedule, and still no signs of a period, but no real pregnancy signs either. I don't know what to think. I know I should just go get a test, but I don't know how i'll feel if I am pregnant. Of course I want more kids, but I have 3 under 3 yrs, I really wanted to wait a year or two! So, any ideas? Should I have gotten a period already? What do you think?

TIA!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

October 20th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm no expert but I know it's not uncommon to have irregular cycles after nursing and going off of bc. I am still nursing my 2 year old DD in the evenings and it took a while to get my cycles back on track (actually I will still sometimes skip a period for no reason and I wonder if nursing is the reason). I also went off of bc back in March and it took a few months for things to get regular again. I think you should definitely take a test just to put your mind at ease, but it's very possible that your body is just adjusting to being off of bc and nursing. It may take a while to get your AF back. I've known women who don't get their AF back until a year or more after they give birth (even when only nursing a couple of times a day). I was only nursing my second child at night and I don't think I got my first AF until she was about 6 or 7 months old. With my last child AF showed up within 2 months of me giving birth which I was really steamed about! LOL! Anyway good luck to you and I hope things turn out the way you want

<div align="center"></div>
October 20th, 2006, 09:57 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would test.if she is only nursing once a day af should have arrived or arrive soon. but with the bc it could just be outta wack

testing at least you would know kwim?

hope it turns out how you want it to

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search