When did I O? What is this bleeding?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2008, 08:31 AM
KaseyMI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone, I usually post on Trying To Conceive with Medical Assistance, but I have some questions regarding my chart and thought you guys might have some insight. This email is long, but I wanted to give some background. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to take a look.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!!

I always had irregular and heavy periods as a young woman, but I never tracked them. All I know is that they were not 28 days apart. I started b/c pills when I was 18 and had a period every 28 days. I went off the pills in September 2005 (after 6.5 years) and then had a couple of cycles approx. 45 days long and then got pregnant with my daughter without even trying in January 2006 (around CD31).

I had my daughter 18 months ago today. I pumped breastmilk until she was 10.5 months old and haven't had a real period since before she was conceived.

Starting January 4, 2008 (15 months after daughter was born), I took 10 days of Prometrium. On day 7, I spotted. On day 8 & 9 I had a VERY light menstruation. Then nothing after ending Prometrium.

Nothing happened after that...no ovulation, no period, etc. Starting February 26, I took another 10 days of Prometrium 200mg. NO menstruation at all occurred. 10 days after stopping Prometrium, the doctor put me on 5 days of Clomid 50mg, without having menstruating and so we counted that as CD5 because that is when she would have had me start it if I had a period.

Today is CD25 based on the information above. I went in on CD13 for an U/S and had 4 follicles in each ovary sized 10-14mm. I also had some fluid as in my abdomen, so there was a slight chance I had already released an egg; however, I only had 2.9 mm of uterine lining...very thin.

I have just started tracking temps, cm, and using OPKs. There were three instances throughout the month when I thought I saw positive OPKs. Each time I was convinced that it was darker then the time before (even though I thought it was dark before) and so I was convinced each time that I was wrong about the time before.

I also am not convinced I know how to accurately chart cm. I have read all about it, but I have my doubts.

Please look at my chart and let me know what you think. My Fertility Friend Chart I showed that I had light AF on CD1 just to start a new month based on the time I started Clomid.

If I disregard the temp that is way out there on CD11, I show that I may have O'd on CD14. What do you think of that in comparison to my follicle size the day before?

As you can see, if I don't disregard the temp on CD11, it shows that I probably O'd on CD22, but if I change my cervical mucus interpretation/OPKs, it easily points to CD19, also.

Anyway...here is the newest development. I am spotting today and I had a lot of soft stools (sorry TMI). There is a lot of red blood when I wipe, but not in my panties and I don't see the menstruation-type texture.

Do you think that I am having an AF or is it possible that it is implantation bleeding (or is it too much).
Do you think it is likely I am going to start menstruating?
When do you think I O'd based on my chart?

Thanks for looking this over.
April 6th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
First, did you use an OPK every day or only once in awhile? It is possible for women to have positive OPKs several days straight and to also have them more than once before they O if they have problem cycles. Any line that is equally dark or darker than the control line is a positive test. I had them four days in a row this cycle. From my research anything up to five days straight can be normal. Beyond that you should contact your doctor. As far as CM goes I had it on my chart this cycle, but wasn't sure that I was recording it right, and FF couldn't pinpoint a solid O date until I took that and CP off. You should get better at judging your CM the longer you do it.

Your temperatures are really all over the place. If you wait a few more days your temps may help FF to better determine your O date. I think follicles rupture around 17mm, but I'm not certain.

Implantation bleeding can be light bleeding and a bit red for some women. It typically lasts three days at the absolute most. For most women it's just a bit of brown or pink when they wipe. It should be kept in mind that only about 1/3 of women experience bleeding with implantation. Also, implantation usually occurs between 7-10 dpo. Sometimes as late as 12 dpo, but IF you O'd on CD 22 or even CD 19 it'd just be too soon for that based one what I have read.

I'm wondering if now that you have O'd if you're finally going to have a real visit from AF. It may just be kickstarting your cycle.

Hopefully something of my rambling helps. Good luck!

April 6th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Quote:
First, did you use an OPK every day or only once in awhile? It is possible for women to have positive OPKs several days straight and to also have them more than once before they O if they have problem cycles. Any line that is equally dark or darker than the control line is a positive test. I had them four days in a row this cycle. From my research anything up to five days straight can be normal. Beyond that you should contact your doctor. As far as CM goes I had it on my chart this cycle, but wasn't sure that I was recording it right, and FF couldn't pinpoint a solid O date until I took that and CP off. You should get better at judging your CM the longer you do it.

Your temperatures are really all over the place. If you wait a few more days your temps may help FF to better determine your O date. I think follicles rupture around 17mm, but I'm not certain.

Implantation bleeding can be light bleeding and a bit red for some women. It typically lasts three days at the absolute most. For most women it's just a bit of brown or pink when they wipe. It should be kept in mind that only about 1/3 of women experience bleeding with implantation. Also, implantation usually occurs between 7-10 dpo. Sometimes as late as 12 dpo, but IF you O'd on CD 22 or even CD 19 it'd just be too soon for that based one what I have read.

I'm wondering if now that you have O'd if you're finally going to have a real visit from AF. It may just be kickstarting your cycle.

Hopefully something of my rambling helps. Good luck![/b]
Thank you for taking the time.

First of all, I wanted to let you know I added in the negative OPKs for you to see. I tested for about 2.5 weeks. I don't remember what happened on CD20-21. I think I was on the fence those days if they were positive or not.

At this point, even if it is AF and not the month for me to get pregnant, I think I would be happy because at least things are happening!!

Edit:
I was thinking, though, whether it is AF or implantation bleeding, wouldn't either of those things lend to an earlier O then CD19 or 22? A third possibility is that this is simply mid-cycle spotting, which I have never had nor do I know anything about. What causes that?

Thanks again!
April 6th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
So far, I can't see that you have definitely O'd. I reccommend getting the book "taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wescler and reading that, it is an amazing book and will help you learn to chart better. Did your doc do a progesterone test? I'd call them and ask, simply because it is a bit concerning that you still have not had a strong AF and your lining was weak, and Clomid is known to weaken the lining. It may be mid cycle spotting, extra hormones can cause that and I had quite a bit on my last clomid cycle.
April 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Quote:
So far, I can't see that you have definitely O'd. I reccommend getting the book "taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wescler and reading that, it is an amazing book and will help you learn to chart better. Did your doc do a progesterone test? I'd call them and ask, simply because it is a bit concerning that you still have not had a strong AF and your lining was weak, and Clomid is known to weaken the lining. It may be mid cycle spotting, extra hormones can cause that and I had quite a bit on my last clomid cycle.[/b]
Thanks for your input. I think the most likely at this point might be the 14th. The bleeding has gotten heavier and it seems to me that it is probably AF.

April 6th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Veteran
I'd say that looks like ovulation on CD14, which would give you a 10-day luteal phase before AF.
April 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
I'm sorry that your bleeding has picked up and it looks like it's AF, but at least it's actually starting for you!

I hope you're able to get things back on track and chart this cycle--and that you get your BFP soon!!!

to the Fertility Charting board and hope you post more!

April 13th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry that your bleeding has picked up and it looks like it's AF, but at least it's actually starting for you!

I hope you're able to get things back on track and chart this cycle--and that you get your BFP soon!!!

to the Fertility Charting board and hope you post more![/b]
Thank you. I have been charting still. My chart is a little all over there so far. I'm on CD 8 today of my new cycle. I am taking Clomid CD5-9. Thanks for all of your kind words.

April 14th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Good luck with the Clomid!!! I know a lot of people have had great results with it, but try not to get too discouraged if it doesn't work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search