Moving O Date

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My O date according to FF was originally CD 16. This made sense to me because of my CM and CP at the time. On what would have been 5 DPO it raised my coverline and moved my O date to CD 18. On CD 18 my CM was drying up and my CP was back to low and closed. My OPKs on CD 18 were barely even positive.

When do you ladies think I actually O'd? CD 18 just doesn't seem right to me at all because of what was going on other than my temp. You all have more experience than I do though. Thank you in advance.

April 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM
LynneD's Avatar Super Mommy
CD 18 makes more sense to me since you had a couple of pos. opk's after the 16th even if they were barely positive (the lines were at least the same color, right?) I would think the O date would be the day before or of cm dry up. The thermal shift is more definate after CD 18 as well. I'm no expert though and I'm still learning when it comes to charting

FF was doing wierd things with my O date this month so I finally overrode it to agree with my TCOYF chart.

April 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The new date looks correct to me. The last day that your CM is slippery is considered your Peak day. Ovulation usually occurs on Peak day, or up to two days afterwards while the mucus is drying up. Ovulation occurs 12-36 hours after your LAST positive OPK. Temperatures rise after ovulation, sometimes even a few days after ovulation.

To confirm ovulation, you need 3 temperatures which are higher than the previous 6 temperatures. That certainly didn't happen until CD20, 21, 22.
April 7th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, that really helps. What is TCOYF? I've seen it mentioned so many times, but I have no idea what it is.

April 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM

TCOYF: Taking Charge of Your Fertility - a book that explains fertility by Toni Weschler. Many people learn to chart by reading that. It has it's own software called Ovusoft which is really comprehensive.
April 7th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
I ditto Shauna. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is one of the best books a woman can read.
April 7th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, I'll be sure to get it if AF shows up. Does their software work better than FF? This is the second time I've heard of the FF O date being over-ridden for the date from TCOYF.

April 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Oh yes, their software is much better - but more importantly, you'll know how to interpret everything yourself so that when the software makes an error, you'll still know what's going on.

Oh yes, their software is much better - but more importantly, you'll know how to interpret everything yourself so that when the software makes an error, you'll still know what's going on.
April 7th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
The ONLY time I have ever had a false O date on TCOYF was when we all thought I had O'd. my body tricked us until I was almost 9 "dpo", and blood tests revealed that I had not O'd. Even if you don't use the software, the book is awesome for learning more about your cycle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search