Temp Question

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday when I took my temp it had gone up to 98.0 which is the highest I've had so far. I was hoping that my chart was going triphasic since we've been TTC since November. I know triphasic isn't a sure sign, but I read somewhere that 67% of triphasic charts are due to pregnancy. Needless to say I was getting my hopes up a bit. Today when I woke up though my temp was back down to 97.4 which seems like a pretty big drop. I thought you ladies may be able to give me some thoughts on what is going on since you look at so many charts. Please, please give me some advice. I'm tired of getting my hopes up for nothing.

April 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
it could be the open circle on your chart....did you take it at a different time today??
April 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I took it twice. This is the temp that I took at 2 when I first woke up. I got up and walked around for around ten minutes after temping before I went back to bed. That was after a little over four hours of sleep. The second temp I took was at 4 after less than two hours of sleep so I used the first one, marked it as sleep deprived, and made a note. I figured I shouldn't use the second temp since it was less than 3 hours of sleep after being up and moving around.

April 9th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
what time do you normally take your temp? the time difference can make a big difference in temps
April 9th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Usually I take it between 4:20 and 4:30 in the morning when DH wakes me up. The 2am temp was 97.4 while the 4am temp was 97.7.

April 9th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Bobbi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did a temp Correction for you it says it should be 97.90 to Try it yourself here is the Link

temp corrector

use the first one a put it in the temp corrector the second one probably wont be right because you were up for a bit.

thanks christy72 for my beautiful siggy Click the BF icon to see my BF slide Show!
April 9th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know that's only a .5 difference from the first temp and .2 from the second, but it feels like a major difference. My temp usually fluctuates by just a little bit and seeing that .6 drop just floored me. When I had the .5 rise after O I thought I was coming down sick! If TTC hadn't already made me crazy this would have!

Thanks for finding the corrector for me. I had only heard of formulas to adjust your temp, but I didn't see anything like this. Of course it didn't exactly occur to me to look! I'm a horrible Web surfer!

April 9th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
Do remember though that any temp taken more than 90 minutes outside the normal temp window needs to be discarded. Temp correctors are only valid to a point. I'd just wait and see what the next few days bring
April 9th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, I'll keep all of this in mind over the next few days as I get new temps.

April 12th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Well, your chart is still looking good, hon! When are planning on testing again???

April 13th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I tested again this morning and again it was a AF will probably be here any day now and put us into cycle #6.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search