Can I know when I will O?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
I am not temping or using OPks this month because I can't handle the stress of it all, but I am watching CM. I have had 4 days of EWCM (including today). Is there a way to know if I have Oed (not definitely obviously) without doing the other. Are there some symptoms that I should look out for that point to that I might have Oed? Any help is appreciated...

April 9th, 2008, 06:05 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am not temping or using OPks this month because I can't handle the stress of it all, but I am watching CM. I have had 4 days of EWCM (including today). Is there a way to know if I have Oed (not definitely obviously) without doing the other. Are there some symptoms that I should look out for that point to that I might have Oed? Any help is appreciated...[/b]
Definitely, there are two scientifically verified forms of charting that use CM only (the Billings Ovulation Method and the Creighton Model).

To confirm ovulation, the mucus must:
a) Develop and change over a matter of days, increasing in wetness
B) Become slippery
c) Dry up abruptly

The last day of slippery mucus is called the Peak day. Ovulation usually occurs on Peak day itself or within the first two days afterwards. If the mucus doesn't do all 3 of those things, then ovulation is doubtful.
April 9th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I am not temping or using OPks this month because I can't handle the stress of it all, but I am watching CM. I have had 4 days of EWCM (including today). Is there a way to know if I have Oed (not definitely obviously) without doing the other. Are there some symptoms that I should look out for that point to that I might have Oed? Any help is appreciated...[/b]
Definitely, there are two scientifically verified forms of charting that use CM only (the Billings Ovulation Method and the Creighton Model).

To confirm ovulation, the mucus must:
a) Develop and change over a matter of days, increasing in wetness
B) Become slippery
c) Dry up abruptly

The last day of slippery mucus is called the Peak day. Ovulation usually occurs on Peak day itself or within the first two days afterwards. If the mucus doesn't do all 3 of those things, then ovulation is doubtful.
[/b]
Well, it was creamy early in my cycle, and then dry a couple of days. Then for the last for days (today included) it has been EWCM and definitely slippery (but not every time I wipe?). SO hopefully, things will dry up over the next couple of days. We have been BDing EVERY day, which is fun but (TMI alert) I am starting to get sore...well actually, I have been sore for 3 days!! )

April 9th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Well, it was creamy early in my cycle, and then dry a couple of days. Then for the last for days (today included) it has been EWCM and definitely slippery (but not every time I wipe?). SO hopefully, things will dry up over the next couple of days. We have been BDing EVERY day, which is fun but (TMI alert) I am starting to get sore...well actually, I have been sore for 3 days!! )[/b]
It's ok if it's not slippery every time. You always chart the most fertile sign of the day, not the most frequent. You'll probably dry up soon, then you can go back and identify the Peak day.

For what it's worth, it's not necessary to BD so much that you're sore. As long as you target the days you are slippery and a day or two afterwards - you're good. In fact, the Billings Ovulation Method suggests this approach to maximize chances of conception: First, BD every other day during the early part of the cycle. This serves two purposes, it builds up sperm in supply and demand type fashion and it also enables you to identify when your CM starts (because if you BD every day, the seminal fluid left over would make it difficult to notice when your CM has started). Once you first notice CM, then WAIT. Wait until the CM becomes slippery - this usually takes a few days. The reason for waiting is to let the sperm supply build up so that when you are most fertile, there is plenty of fresh sperm for the job. Once you observe slippery mucus, BD until 2 days after the slippery mucus disappears.
April 10th, 2008, 12:04 AM
*Fiona*
Shawna I love reading your replies, so informative
April 10th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, Shawna for the replies. I am hoping that I dry out soon...like today. I have been BDing so frequently because let last 2 cycles, I am convinced that I didn't get pregnant because we didn't BD close enough to Oing to get a BFP. I am just scared to miss it again. I really want a BFP this cycle.

April 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
grace4me's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to grace4me
baby dust to you!

baby dust to you!

thank you Jessica (dettmer26) for another amazing siggy

April 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well...today I am dry so far!! YEAH!!! DH and I BD yesterday, but we are going to skip today and BD tomorrow, and then every other day next week (Just in case)! I am really feeling very positive about this cycle for a few reasons:

1) this is the first time I have had this much EWCM and for so many days in a row. It was blatantly obvious that I had EWCM.

2) DH and I have been BDing a TON!!

3)I am so much less stressed about it this cycle than the last two.

4) This is my shortest cycle yet ( if I truly did O) because FF doesn't have me Oing until Saturday the 19th. So I am thinking that my cycles are finally regulating after 8 years of BC.

What do you all think?

April 11th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Very promising. Time will tell!
April 11th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Very promising. Time will tell![/b]
Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I just has a small amount of EWCM when I went to the bathroom. It is definitely much less than the previous few days. What do you think?

April 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I just has a small amount of EWCM when I went to the bathroom. It is definitely much less than the previous few days. What do you think?
[/b]

That's normal during the drying up process. What matters is if you still feel slippery or not. Do you?
April 11th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]

That's normal during the drying up process. What matters is if you still feel slippery or not. Do you?
[/b]
No, I do not. I actually feel very dry.

April 11th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Then you're probably starting the dry up process. If yesterday was slippery, then that was Peak. Today and tomorrow are still potentially fertile.
April 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So we BDed yesterday, will skip today and BD tomorrow. Or do you think we should BD today also?

Oh yeah, on FF, should I chart O as yesterday?

April 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I think you've covered your bases well. Take a break! LOL

Yup, if you were slippery yesterday and dry today (even if you saw something, doesn't matter) - then chart yesterday as O.
April 11th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much for all of your advice!!! I really appreciate it!

April 12th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Good luck! It certainly sounds like you've Od and that you guys covered your bases!!!

Forgive me if you've mentioned this before, how long have you been TTC? Just curious!

April 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Good luck! It certainly sounds like you've Od and that you guys covered your bases!!!

Forgive me if you've mentioned this before, how long have you been TTC? Just curious![/b]

Thanks for asking...this is our third cycle. I am convinced that we didn't time our intercourse well the last two cycles. Since I have looked back at things, I can understand how I didn't have a chance the last two. I feel pretty confident this time. (fingers crossed)

April 12th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
That's awesome!! I really hope you get your BFP this cycle!!!! Keep us posted!!!

April 13th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search