New charter

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Hey ladies! I'm hoping for some advice on getting started. I didn't go back on BC this sunday, it's expensive, and plus I have a tentative plan to TTC in September. Is the day I started my period day 1? I don't even have a thermometer yet, so that's for next cycle. I've always been super regular. Is ovulation usually day 14? Should I use an OPK then? I will chart temps next time. What is everyone's favorite website to do your chart on? Thanks ladies, I can't WAIT to chart with you all.....you're so smart and knowledgeable and I can't wait to learn more!

Thanks!
Nikki

Come visit my blog!
April 15th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
Welcome! CD1 is the day your period starts. Some people O on CD 14, but the majority do not. It all depends on how long your cycle is, etc.
I use Fertilityfriend.com and TCOYF.com to track my cycles. I strongly suggest reading the book "Taking CHarge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler to learn more about charting. It is the best way to learn charting other than a class.
April 16th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
on CD 1. I would use OPKs to help narrow down when you're ovulating so it will help you spot your fertile window. It could be that you O earlier or later than you think. For example, I didn't O until CD 18 this cycle and am now at 15 DPO. Clearly I'm not matching the "norm" at this point! I use www.fertilityfriend.com for my chart and will add TCOYF if I don't get my BFP soon.

Welcome to charting!

April 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Hi and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would highly recommend the same book that Jennifer mentioned, TCOYF, it's great! I agree with her as well, you period starting a full flow is the first day of your cycle. Most people do not O right at CD 14, and every cycle is different. Also, if you're coming off of BC pills, it might take a while for your body to adjust and have a normal ovulatory cycle.

Good luck to you hon, and ask any other questions you might have!

April 16th, 2008, 09:13 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only 12% of women actually ovulate on day 14, so don't rely on predictions about when it will happen. Monitoring your cervical mucus can tell you all you need to know to monitor your fertility day by day, as it happens without predictions or assumptions about what will happen. Temps/OPK's help too, but mucus is free! Here's some information on how to monitor your CM:
http://www.woomb.org/learningBOM/B20...nstruction.pdf

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search