Possible to O twice in a cycle?

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
KrystalB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls,
I know this question doesn't directly relate to charting but I was hoping that with your experience, you might be able to help.
Here's a bit of background: I came off BCPs in Feb after being on for 10+ years, had a period, and haven't had one since. I'm now nearing CD70 and I'm starting to have a few symptoms of Oing, although not as strong. At the end of Feb, I was very irritable and had VERY tender breasts and a few sharp pains on the side of my uterus. The last few days I've had somewhat tender breasts but that's been about the only symptom. I just started monitoring CM but it's gone from watery to creamy the last few days. Not sure if that's an indicator?

Unfortunately, I only have just started temping so I don't have a history to look back on..

Anyway, I'm just wondering if it's possible to O twice in a cycle this long? Maybe my body was getting ready to O and never did? Or maybe it just skipped AF and I'm really into a second cycle? Any advice?

My Chart
April 16th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
It's possible, but I'd say it's more likely that your body might have geared up to O, and didn't, and might be gearing up again. Hugs hon!

Have you talked to your doctor about your super long cycle?

April 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's physiologically impossible to ovulate more than once a cycle outside of a 24 hour window. When more than one egg is released, it occurs within 24 hours of the first one. A successful process of ovulation only happens once.

It is possible to gear up to O several times though, and not go through with it. This is especially common while your body is recovering from the BCP. Any time CM is present, it's an indication that your estrogen levels are rising and your body is thinking about Oing. It's not a guarantee that it will O though, it's just a sign that you're trying. Some women experience constant vaginal discharge that is a lot like CM, especially after coming off the Pill because of the way the Pill damages the part of the cervix where CM is produced. This kind of discharge is infertile. To tell the difference, it's probably best to work with a charting coach because each woman's CM and discharge patterns are unique.

Hang in there! Your body has been on synthetic hormones for a very long time, so it's not unreasonable to expect that it will take some time to recover now. It's a big transition for it to try to learn to do it's own thing again. Patience is your friend....

Edited to add: if you make it past 90 days without a period, go see your doctor. It's not healthy to go longer than that, so you'll need some medical help starting a period after that point.
April 17th, 2008, 03:21 PM
KrystalB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls, thanks for your advice and support.
I did go see my Dr. last week - he sent me for bloodwork and a pap. I won't get the results of the pap back for 6 weeks and my bloodwork will be coming early next week. He did say that if I don't get it within the next month to go back to him and we'll see what we can do.

It's really just a waiting game right now.. waiting for the results, and waiting to see if AF will eventually show up. It's interesting to learn about the infertile CM that my body may be producing since coming off BCPs.. something I hadn't heard of before now. You girls are the best and keep me so well informed! Thanks!

My Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search