? for those with Ovarian cysts

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Do cysts usually rupture around the time you are getting a positive OPK? Is it possible to still O, or does a cyst keep you from Oing? I've never been diagnosed with cysts, but lots in my family have, and last night at work I was in excrutiating pain. A few hours later I was fine. It reminded me of how my sister would be when she had one rupture. Any information you have would be helpful. Thanks!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
April 27th, 2008, 01:26 PM
follesurtoi's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to follesurtoi
I don't have much, but I do form cysts almost every cycle; they are different with everybody. for me, mine appear, and stay throughout my cycle, then shrink down or go away totally before my cycle ends. I have had to be put on birth control before for cysts, which was fine at the time because I wasn't TTC, to get them under control. I feel your pain girlie, I had a really bad cyst when I was pg with Gracie (grew her wings in June 2007), and I did end up going to the ER to rule out etopic the pain was so bad, and they went in with a camera to look at it, and said it wasn't cause for concern. But that's not to say you should make that call. I would advise you to have it looked at, to go in to your ob/gyn, because that level of pain nobody should deal with. I guess I have reached the point where my body changed from year to year hormonally lol, so it's hard for me to discern what calls for me to have it checked out, so I just don't take any chances. you could just fine, but then again you also might need to have it looked at since the pain is that bad. Just my opinion

Faint + 5/14/2008, BFP 5/13/2008, darker line on 5/17/2008, stalk my chart!http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/19c6f2

April 27th, 2008, 01:40 PM
The pain went away just a few hours after it started. By the time I got home from work I was fine. If the pain comes back I'll definitely have it checked out.

April 27th, 2008, 01:46 PM
follesurtoi's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to follesurtoi
sounds like a plan! Good luck!

Faint + 5/14/2008, BFP 5/13/2008, darker line on 5/17/2008, stalk my chart!http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/19c6f2

April 27th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
I get ruptured cysts at all times in my cycle, so I don't know too much. it does sound like you may have had a cyst rupture and I would call your doc on monday just to ask what they think
April 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Xtine's Avatar Hip Fresh & Famous
I have these and went to the hospital for one mistaking it for appendicitis several years ago the pain was so severe. The month that I got pregnant with my daughter I had a cyst rupture at ovulation time and cause extreme pain which lasted 2 months into my pregnancy, but everything turned out fine. I had an extra ultrasound during the beginning of the pregnancy and they confirmed that that was the source of the pain. I get ovulation pain almost every month and always on my right side, which I don't really understand.

My doctor advised me that they don't do anything to prevent conception or pregnancy.
April 28th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the comments ladies. I left a message with the nurse and the doctors office. I don't have a OB/GYN right now, just a family doctor. The nurse said he might want to order an ultrasound to see, but the thing is, to get that I have to drive a hour (they don't do ultrasounds here.) and I don't have a day of where I can do that. my days off are on the weekend. They really seem to think I'm fine, so I probably won't get it done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search