My TEMPS

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2008, 08:40 AM
JustBreathe
They are insane! I take my temp at the exact same time EVERY day. The alarm goes off, Mike turns it off, and hands me the thermometer. I haven't temped in a while, so I don't remember what the cause could be behind this! I did have 2 alcoholic drinks the night before the HUGE temp spike, could that have caused it?

Any other reasons for what's going on?
May 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
it's hard to tell since you are "post O" right now, it's possible though
May 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Veteran
Yup... alcohol tends to make your BBT rise. It affects some women more than others, and I'd be willing to bet that's what the HUGE spike was. Although, it could also be part of your thermal shift, but you don't have enough temps this cycle to tell for sure.
May 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Alcohol consumption can definitely affect your temps...good luck though!!!

May 6th, 2008, 06:38 AM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Michelle - I'm a WTTC graduate with you - however, by looking at my chart we've had zero chances to try to conceive - take a look talk about weird temps. I took a test this morning to rule on pg and called my doc...to see what she thought....the nurse said just wait until the appt. I have with her on June 12th or so.... 3 months isn't too long and my body may do something by then she said.....so I put in my temp from this morning and wahlaaa 3 DPO - but I don't trust it.

Did you just come off BCP? Temps can be real screwy after that - as you can tell by my chart - I've only been on BCP since June of 2006 after I had DS.....I was on BCP for way longer than that before DS and I got a period on day 48 after BCP back in 2004 when getting ready to TTC him....so who knows what our bodies do and why they do it!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search