a little worried...

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2008, 06:15 AM
jenmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, usually I am a very heavy bleeder for about 2 days of my cycle..and continue with a medium flow for about 3 more days and spot for 3 ....

My last 3 cycles have been odd...so I have been paying CLOSE attention to my body..

this last one...was the only one of the 3 where I had my normal "bad" cramps...

day 1 started really light, spotted, for half day..then spotted off and on until 7 pm , that day me and SO did the deed, and he released in me...the following day I had cramps...and pretty heavy..it was red..I filled a whole pad...the next day...I spotted except when I went pee..and it was real dark, then it looked moderate..didn't fill a pad a whole day...the next day my period was pretty non existent, only flow is when I peed and it was dark...and for the next four days been having brown icky spotting...(did his little men make my period come on heavier?)

I am on cycle day 9 and have not stopped spotting yet, I checked..and there is still brown blood in there...I actually did have flow again 2 days ago but while SO and I were doing the deed, I was only spotting real light, so figured it was ok, but the deed made it flow...but stopped immediately after..

NORMALLY, I fill at least 3 full pads a day (sometimes more the first 2 days) , then at least 2 full pads for the next 3.

What could be causing this irregularity...I keep having the feeling something just isn't right...

it's as if I'm only shedding part of my lining...during my cycle...I know that seems wierd...but I'm like where the hell is the rest of it???

I believe according to my temps, I have been ovulating..should I get my hormones checked?
May 5th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Veteran
Is there any chance you could be pregnant? Some women actually have heavy implantation bleeding right around the time their period is expected, and mistake it for actual menstruation. The first thing I'd do is take a HPT to rule out that possibility.

A normal flow can also be disrupted by diet, caffeine, etc... have you made any major changes in what you eat over the last month or so?
May 5th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
ditto the PP. If an HPT is negative and you are concerned, it can't hurt to call your GYN
May 5th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks ladies...sorry this is so long, but it's the full story...

ok, for the past 3 months I have been having odd things happen...

it started with my February cycle...I had it on 2/24 and it was odd...after it I kept getting cramps...so I thought maybe I was pregnant..I took a dollar tree test and it was positive--was told that it was the bad lot # so false positive. took a few more and some ept's--only very light barely there evap lines...(which I tested a dollar tree test with water and got an evap too--not a false pos.) I did keep testing with concentrated urine and kept getting light lines, a little darker than evaps...but thought they were just because the urine was darker..but after I got a clear evap line within 4 min on dollar tree with water--I didn't bother any more..I was very pissed off with hpts after that crap..I continued to test, to make sure I wasn't having a molar pregnancy--I am predisposed to this...my Aunt had a 7 month molar pregnancy they didn't catch..

let's see around March..prob 15th...I started getting wierd contracting type feelings..didn't know what it was...went to doc...thought it could be cyst...they did a urine preg. test-neg.

had a transabdominal and pelvic u/s next day--nothing much..except a dominant follicle 2 days before my AF was to come on...which it did...right on time..3/25--still odd, hardly any cramps, and light...

contracting feeling kept on...so I went to doc again, she said it might be my stomach I was feeling...cause I had had really bad heartburn like a month prior--she said it prob was gastritis..gave me prevacid and said to come back in 3 weeks..

but she wanted to check my kidneys and bladder--since I said the feeling was lower than my belly button..my urine test came out fine..

she said if it didn't stop--they would draw blood and check my liver and stuff..

I took the prevacid when I had really bad heartburn--and it worked for that, but I get the contracting feeling not as much anymore and only after manual labor..I can still feel it lowr than my belly button..

at the time of the ultrasound on 3/24 if I had gotten pregnant, it would have been on 2/9 when I ovulated , and my last normal heavy AF was 1/25. I would have been approx 8 weeks--they would have seen something..

so I KNOW I am not pregnant...and this last cycle..I actually had cramps...and me and SO are really careful...except when I am on AF..

Now, I am thinking...for any reason my full part of my endometrium I NEED to shed properly...is NOT coming out, maybe that is causing my uterus to say--I need to get this out...and that is why I am feeling those contractions...randomly..how do I check this?

Only thing I can think of is get them to give me an U/S right after my period..and if my endometrium remains thickened (it was 13 mm last ultrasound) after that, it means something is up in there, and I'm not shedding it correctly...which I KNOW can lead to cancer.

I just wish I could get them to take me seriously...which I don't think they are...but I didn't want to tell my gp that they felt like braxton hicks contractions, when I was pregnant before, because I wanted her to diagnose me...but she thought it was my stomach...and I mentioned a few times it was lower...she still said it was most likely my stomach...

my grandmother died of ovarian cancer.

I am studying to be a nurse, but doctors frustrate me...

so...I am trying to figure out what to do next, because my next appt is 5/13.

May 5th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
I'd see a different doctor if this one isn't taking you seriously. It could be any number of things, from PCOS to endometriosis to hormonal changes due to things going on in your lifetime, but your doctor is the only one who can truly diagnose what is going on with you.
May 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM
well, endo, could be a very real possibiliity especially with my back cramps...I get during AF...

for now, I am going to think that is what it is...that also runs in my family...

I know it's not PCOS...cause my ovaries are normal and I'm ovulating regulary...

Thanks for your input...
May 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
If you are predisposed to ovarian cancer, there is a blood screening test they can run on you to see if you carry any markers for it.

Like Jen said, I would definitely see about talking to another doctor if you're not satisfied with your care--it certainly wouldn't hurt! I am a nurse, and it can be very frustrating when you know something is wrong, but just can't pinpoint it.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

May 8th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Thanks, I am studying to be a nurse...and I think that's why I have such a hard time with docs...

I think this thing with my abodmen has to do with me being dehydrated..because I only feel those strong "contraction" thingies when I am very dehydrated..it's odd..

I liquid fasted yesterday, and skimped on the water, because I was drinking v8 and milk, but felt bone dry...and that's when my tummy started again...

and I can't focus on this stuff right now..because I am NOW just in the past 2 days dealing with getting evicted...POSSIBLY...

also my temps are so screwed up..they are above coverline...and my chart just looks like a joke..good thing I know I have not had o pains or ewcm yet...I am trying to monitor my body so I don't think I ovulated and stress about being pregnant when I hadn't even o'd cause I was stressed.
May 8th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I heard of a condition once that could cause that sort of bleeding. I can't remember what it was called though. It has to do with your hormones, especially estrogen, not doing what it should. I would find a different doctor that will take you seriously and get checked out. Make sure they test your hormone levels. I know that life has been very chaotic for you lately and that could amplify problems.

I really hope you get all of this straightened out soon.

May 8th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Thank you ladies for the advice...

yes, it's been rough..pray I find a decent place where we can garden, and have some freedom and feel like we have a home...

I feel violated and ANGRY...someone is taking my home for 4 years away from me...and that my son is going to have to go through this...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search