My chart - ovulation not detected

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Xtine's Avatar Hip Fresh & Famous
Ovulation hasn't been detected by fertility friend. I think that I ovulated yesterday afternoon because I felt ovulation pain and because of the CM I have right now. However, I didn't have a temperature spike, and my temperature was actually very low this morning.

I was up half the night with my daughter and only slept for 5 hours which is very unusual for me. Could that affect my temperature? Or do you think it could be that my thermometer is no good? Please look at my chart and tell me what you think!
May 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you have to wait it out and see if you do get the temperature rise. I am new to charting but I have had 65 days so far to learn about how unpredictable cycles are. I have had several patches of fertile CM and I've read and learned here at JM that that can happen - your body thinks its going to O and then the hormones don't get high or strong enough and you dont.

Sorry - I hope after a few days you see a clear rise and know that you O'ed!~

Keri

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

May 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
it could affect your temp and FF won't detect O until you are 3 DPO anyway
May 9th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is possible to have several patches of fertile cm, ovulation pains, even positive OPKs and not O. Your body gears up to get the job done and for whatever reason doesn't. Your disturbed sleep pattern could have affected your temperature today. Until you have three temperatures above average though FF will not confirm ovulation. Temperature spikes are normal and can come right back down again which is why FF doesn't confirm O with the first spike. Some women also experience a lower temperature the day after O, and then they get the increase.

May 9th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Xtine's Avatar Hip Fresh & Famous
Thanks everyone. I didn't know that FF would only show me crosshairs after 3 days so that's good. My temperature went way up this morning and I still feel some ovulation pain so maybe yesterday was the day.
May 9th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Your chart is looking really good! Just keep in mind that you are still breastfeeding...and that can cause you to have some irregularity and even no ovulation during your cycle. Stick with it, and hopefully you'll get crosshairs in a few days!

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search