Question about my temps/OPK results

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2008, 05:19 AM
grace4me's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to grace4me
I am on day 16 of my cycle. I use the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor but for some reason, I have it set to test at 8pm at night this cycle. The helpline has told me to put my first morning urine in the fridge and use that each evening (after leaving it out for 20 min). I have been doing this and am receiving "low" on my monitor. In the meantime, I am also using OPK with first morning urine to make sure I don't miss anything Two days ago, I had a + on my OPK, yesterday, I had a negative and this morning, I had another + on my OPK. My temps went from 97.7 to 98.1 this morning. Does this mean I have already ovulated?

Any help appreciated!

Kris

thank you Jessica (dettmer26) for another amazing siggy

May 9th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
you may have ovulated, but without seeing a chart its hard to tell. Why are they having you use FMU at night? I doubt that even refrigerated it is still good, that is weird
May 9th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Refridgerated FMU doesn't make sense at all. I know that you're typically not supposed to use FMU with OPKs though. It's best to just hold it for a couple of hours in the afternoon and then use them. It could be that you O'd already or that the abnormal use of FMU on the tests is throwing them both off. Without seeing a chart it's hard to say anything about your temps.

May 9th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Quote:
you may have ovulated, but without seeing a chart its hard to tell. Why are they having you use FMU at night? I doubt that even refrigerated it is still good, that is weird[/b]
I thought that was odd to. I couldn't believe she told me to use FMU after keeping it in the fridge all day. Honestly, I think that my CBFM will be screwed up this month because of it. My cm isn't that abundant right now, which it normally is around O so I have no clue what's going on with my body!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/grace4me

Kris

May 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You probably don't want to hear this, but are you sure your thermometer is still working right? You shouldn't have the exact same temp that many days in a row and your last cycle certainly never showed that. You may want to pick up a new basal thermometer.

May 9th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Quote:
You probably don't want to hear this, but are you sure your thermometer is still working right? You shouldn't have the exact same temp that many days in a row and your last cycle certainly never showed that. You may want to pick up a new basal thermometer.[/b]
I agree. I think it's time to get something different. It's been acting a little odd lately I am going to pick up another. In the meantime, I picked up some digital OPK's this morning. I am retesting my FMU from this morning since I got a positive reading from the non-digital OPK this morning!

Honestly, I think I am "out" this month because something is just off...but nevertheless, I will keep "trying".

I posted on another board that DH has a SA done last month and has low sperm count and low motility so.....odds are not in our favor at this point. We have two doctors appts within the next 2 weeks so...again, I think we are out this cycle but hopefully within the next couple of months, we'll know what our plan of action will be.

Kris

Just received a negative (no smiley) on the digitial OPK from my FMU (sample that I took 2 hours ago) so...I've either missed my surge or I haven't surged yet. I am on day 16 so, I really don't know what to think. I ovulated late last month. I am going to just keep testing with the digital OPK once a day until I run out That'll get me through day 22.

Kris

May 9th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Normally I would say to start the new thermometer at the start of a new cycle, but your temps are so flat that at this point I don't think it would make a difference this cycle. Who knows, maybe you'll switch just in time to catch your thermal shift if you haven't O'd yet. I know you didn't see your smiley, but that eggie may just be holding out for now.

There's a lot to be done for a low count and motility so I'm sure you'll get a working plan going. You'll have that BFP soon! Good luck!

May 9th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Just wanted to add....I used the Clearblue Easy Monitor back when I was TTC--and I'm sure you know, but you need to be using it in the morning with FMU.

As for the OPKs, you DO NOT want to use FMU with them. They just don't work that way.

Good luck to you hon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search