Please help me

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2008, 08:15 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Well I went for my annual today. She didn't even look at my charts that I brought her. She just said that she didn't really like to rely on temping or opks for oing. ***? She seems to think I might o earlier in my cycle and my egg isn't mature enough for conception. My charts show I o on cd15 or cd16. Then I have a 25-27 day cycle. She said that it's very rare that your lp is short. WTH? Where did she come from? She said to try for a few more months and if nothing, then go see an RE to have them run some tests. So, I'm gonna keep trying for a few months with my b6 and maybe some progesterone cream and see what happens! I'm so frustrated!

Can you please look at my charts and see what you think? She also said that if you o early you're chart won't show it. Is that true? Plus she said the egg wouldn't be mature enough if you o early. I'm so darn confused!

May 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What an idiot! Ugh! O'ing on CD 15-16 is certainly not early and your chart clearly indicates O'ing. I've seen charts for incredibly short cycles that confirm O on CD 8! That doctor is completely full of it. Maybe she doesn't look at charts because she doesn't know how to read them. An 11 day LP does sound a bit short to me, but the B6 and cream should help with that. I would seriously look for a new doctor who will take you seriously.

May 9th, 2008, 08:43 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, but I think maybe your doctor was too embarrassed to admit that she doesn't know anything about charting - and that's why she didn't look at your charts. Unfortunately, many doctors are not adequately educated on fertility and charting unless they happen to specialize in it (like RE's or physicians listed on the NFP directory as being knowledgeable about it all). It's not rare to have a short LP - it's common in breastfeeding women, peri-menopausal woman, women with a history of hormonal contraceptive use, and sometimes for no reason at all.

Ovulating early in the cycle is NOT an impediment to conception. Everything she said about the egg being mature is garbage, prior to ovulation all your hormones have to come in to do their part - including the one that "matures" the egg (Follicle Stimulating Hormone or FSH). It doesn't matter if you O early or late, that hormone still does it's job.

If you ovulate early in your cycle, YES - your chart will show it! Even if you ovulate so early that you're still having your period, your chart will show it!

Your chart looks perfectly healthy to me.
May 9th, 2008, 10:19 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Thank you both so much! You made me feel better. She made me feel like I didn't know what I was talking about. Dh & I decided that we'll wait just a few months and maybe then go see an RE.

May 9th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a good plan. Even with low numbers you still stand a chance. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

May 9th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
I just wanted to SUPER Shawna! That's rediculous! She should've at least referred you right away to an RE or another doctor who IS equipped to read your charts or even have basic knowledge about fertility. Bogus.

Good luck though hon. An RE is definitely going to know WAY more about fertility than your doctor!

May 10th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
I ditto Shawna!!!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search