stress is wreaking havoc on my cycle...

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2008, 12:32 PM
jenmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
check this out...

normally my temp coverline is like 97.9 before o....look at this mess...

I wonder if I will o at all...and I hope I don't suprise O. That is why I am being careful I use NFP.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/116ea4
May 10th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You sure you didn't O yet? Those temps are pretty up there.

May 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I am pretty sure...unless I o'd while I was having my period/spotting...who knows...crap...I don't like not knowing..
May 10th, 2008, 12:52 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am pretty sure...unless I o'd while I was having my period/spotting...who knows...crap...I don't like not knowing..[/b]

Are you at all interested in taking a class or working with a charting coach so that you *can* know what's going on in the future? NFP is really only reliable when you have proper training in how it works.

Have you been monitoring your CM at all? A daily record of what's been going on there would help clear the confusion up too.
May 10th, 2008, 01:02 PM
yah..I'm pretty good with NFP...it's the primary method of b/c I've been using for 3 years...and it's worked so far...when I o I normally have ewcm for at least 3 days...and it's pretty evident that's what it is...and I have a thermal shift...

the only factor..I really am NOT good at is CP. But I figure 2 out of 3 isn't bad...

so I don't really think I o'd...I think my temps are messed up due to stress...I had yellowish creamy yesterday...when I was finishing up and still spotting..I had brownish creamy...but no ewcm just yet and no sore bbs...

oh and Billings is my best bet...I talked with you about that before..
May 10th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Quote:
yah..I'm pretty good with NFP...it's the primary method of b/c I've been using for 3 years...and it's worked so far...when I o I normally have ewcm for at least 3 days...and it's pretty evident that's what it is...and I have a thermal shift...

the only factor..I really am NOT good at is CP. But I figure 2 out of 3 isn't bad...

so I don't really think I o'd...I think my temps are messed up due to stress...I had yellowish creamy yesterday...when I was finishing up and still spotting..I had brownish creamy...but no ewcm just yet and no sore bbs...

oh and Billings is my best bet...I talked with you about that before..[/b]
Not all forms of NFP advocate checking the CP, some even discourage it (Billings is one of them actually). I'm confused, which form of NFP are you using?

Yeah, NFP is pretty easy to follow when things are regular - but when things get stressful, sometimes it's nice to have that extra assistance to know how to manage during irregularity and how to apply the rules when that happens and things aren't as clear.

But hang in there, you'll know sooner or later what's going on with this cycle!
May 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Shawna, I don't think you remember I was having problems with FF pinpointing my ovulation...and I explained I had a pretty predictable 15-16 day lp from when I had my first dry day after a patch of EWCM for a couple of days...FF would never give me crosshairs...but when I spoke with you you told me the method I was using (charting my ewcm and creamy cm and dry days) was Billings...

Now I just put both on my chart.temps and cm..it's nice to see a thermal shift even if FF doesn't issue me cross hairs..i over ride and put it in that I o'd..when I see my tell tale signs...I still am pretty sure my period will be no more than 16 days from the first dry day after EWCM.
May 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Shawna, I don't think you remember I was having problems with FF pinpointing my ovulation...and I explained I had a pretty predictable 15-16 day lp from when I had my first dry day after a patch of EWCM for a couple of days...FF would never give me crosshairs...but when I spoke with you you told me the method I was using (charting my ewcm and creamy cm and dry days) was Billings...

Now I just put both on my chart.temps and cm..it's nice to see a thermal shift even if FF doesn't issue me cross hairs..i over ride and put it in that I o'd..when I see my tell tale signs...I still am pretty sure my period will be no more than 16 days from the first dry day after EWCM.[/b]

I'm so sorry, but I don't remember the conversation exactly - hard to keep everyone's details straight. But hmmm, I doubt I told you you were using Billings because it doesn't include temps and Billings charts look like this:

I may have explained the way your chart would be interpreted according to Billings protocols for CM, but that's not the same thing as using the method itself. Now I'll have to find that conversation and re-acquaint myself with what I told you! Be back in a bit!
May 10th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Back...

I think I found it, was it this conversation? http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...amp;hl=billings

I didn't mean to confuse you, but just to explain that there are systems of charting that go by mucus only to consider learning if the temps are frustrating you. But that isn't the same as just interpreting CM on your own. You have to actually learn to use those CM charting systems and how to classify CM according to their protocols, the same way you have to take that little course on FF to understand how it all works. Does that make sense? So if you aren't using the Billings CM charting system or following the Billings guidelines for CM, it's just your own form of NFP. That's perfectly fine too, if it's working! Hope that clear it all up a bit! Sorry for all the confusion!
May 11th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Just wanted to say hang in there...doesn't looking like you're Oing, but you never know!

May 11th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I didn't think I was o'ing yet either...but I have a strange pain on my right side...it really hurts when I stand up or bend down...now..I know this is wierd...but my left ovary is my dominant ovary...and I ovulate on that side MOST of the time...

even my ultrasound showed the dominant follicle on that side...but yesterday and today I have been feeling...a dull ache when I stand or bend on my right lower side...it goes right away when I finish moving.and doesn't happen all the time....I still don't have ewcm...maybe I woke up my right ovary...and it's stale or something...however the ultrasound tech said although my left ovary is all the way by my left hip...my right ovary is more in the middle of my abdomen...so maybe it is not my ovary..but this is the cycle day I usually o around.

I checked my cm...still creamy..by creamy I mean it is white and lotiony in consistency..it has no stretch whatsoever...I get ewcm every cycle...sometimes more than others...I am positive I o every cycle..sometimes I o late though.

I feel like dog doo today...and feel like laying in the bed...I could be sick...and that's what is wrong with my temps..

May 11th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Kaitie9399's Avatar Veteran
Stress totally messed up my cycle last month---as soon as the stress was gone everything was back on track.

So, I guess I'm just wishing you some good luck at getting rid of some of your stress. :-)
May 11th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks Katie,

unfortunately, the stress will not be gone for another month because I am having to move in 30 days....and I don't know where I am going or if I have the finances in line to move...

so yeah I'm just going to have to take it in stride...I will be watching my body carefully so I don't panic if I have a 60 day cycle because of it...I have before...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search