Ok all you crazy charters!

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2008, 01:48 PM
lil.Guppy's Avatar Veteran
I need your help in getting me started in this. What is the best website to use, and what exactly does it involve?
Thank you for your help
May 12th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use Fertility Friend, though others prefer TCOYF (Taking Charge of Your Fertility). You need a good digital thermometer, preferably a basal thermometer. I temp orally and found a nice thermometer at Walmart for $10. You can buy fancier thermometers that remember the last 10 temperatures, light up, etc. if you want to. Make sure you know what time you want to temp. It should be after 3 hours of sleep if possible. Make sure to take your temp at the same time every day whether or not you plan on staying up. You can keep a notebook next to your bed to write your temperature in and the time that you took it, or you can take advantage of your thermometer's memory feature. Fertility Friend offers 20 lessons that they e-mail you. You get one lesson per day and they are short and easy to understand. They help you learn to chart and better understand your fertility. TCOYF is actually a book that comes with its own software. It's very easy to do and a very easy habit to get in to. Good luck!

May 12th, 2008, 03:00 PM
lil.Guppy's Avatar Veteran
Thank you, I will have to look into that.
May 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Hi there and So glad you found us!!!

MamaAnna got you started pretty well! I used Fertility Friend mostly when I was charting. Charting is such a great way to get to know your body!!!

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, feel free to post away, and let us know when you start charting!!!

May 12th, 2008, 08:49 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I need your help in getting me started in this. What is the best website to use, and what exactly does it involve?
Thank you for your help[/b]

Depends on your intentions! If you want to chart for TTC, then the little course on Fertility Friend or the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility are both good places to start! If you need to chart to avoid, a little more information is required. It's best to learn from a teacher who can walk you through that. There are different ways of charting and people to who teach you how to do that all over the world.
May 13th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
ditto the other ladies! Welcome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search