Confused

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2008, 08:53 AM
merkelsgirl
I've been using mycycle to help chart AF and all that along with body temp etc. With mycycle it gives you a predicted ovulation and a predicted period. So far, my predictions have not been correct. I've adjusted the lenght of my cycle and all of that, but to no avail it still is not correct. Is there another site I could use? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make it more accurate? I'm TTC #1 so I'm new to all of this!
May 13th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What are you using to chart? Are your cycles usually regular? I know that my predictions are usually incorrect, but my cycles range from 28-39 days after this cycle with an LP of 14 days. Do you have a chart link that we could look at? I'm not sure what you mean by adjusting your cycle length. That's not something you should change. The predictions go off of the information that you plug in and altering that information can actually make it harder for most software to make accurate predictions.

May 13th, 2008, 09:21 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I've been using mycycle to help chart AF and all that along with body temp etc. With mycycle it gives you a predicted ovulation and a predicted period. So far, my predictions have not been correct. I've adjusted the lenght of my cycle and all of that, but to no avail it still is not correct. Is there another site I could use? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make it more accurate? I'm TTC #1 so I'm new to all of this![/b]

I'm not familiar with mycycle, but if it uses predictions - then no, those aren't accurate. You can ovulate later or earlier than the "prediction" and completely miss your opportunity to TTC. Better off to learn to monitor your fertility as it happens, because each cycle is unique and may not follow a prediction. You can learn to monitor your fertility by reading the Billings Method by Dr. Lyn Billings and Dr. Ann Westmore, Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, or by taking a class. You can also learn online, there's a little course at www.fertilityfriend.com that's good for TTC, and an online course at http://www.woomb.org/bom/teaching/learningBOM.html that's good for TTC or TTA.

May 13th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
I'm not familiar with mychart either.

But...I wanted to say good luck, and hope you stick around and post some more!!

May 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
merkelsgirl
Thanks guys for your responses. Well with mycycle you can change the length of your AF which alters everything else. My Af has only been regular because I was on birth control. But I have not been on it for this month so we'll see if its regular or regulates it self. I will look at those books and the classes and maybe it will finally click with me!
May 13th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Good luck at going off BC! Make sure you give your body a few months to really get back on "track". Somtimes it takes a while and it's easy to get frustrated.

I used fertility friend to learn how to chart, it makes it pretty easy.

Good luck!

May 13th, 2008, 10:35 AM
merkelsgirl
I've gone of BC before cuz we were going to TTC, and my body went "normal" rather quickly. I'm just worried that stress and such is going to mess all of this up. I start a new job next month and i was supposed to start last month. So its a little stressful. I will definitly check out that website!
May 13th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used FF to learn to chart as well and it made it so easy! You mark the days you have bleeding so it will keep track of AF. It also predicts ovulation based on previous ovulation dates and the start of AF based on your normal luteal phase length. All you have to do is put in your temperatures and when you experience bleeding and it does the rest. Good luck!

May 15th, 2008, 05:37 PM
merkelsgirl
Quote:
I used FF to learn to chart as well and it made it so easy! You mark the days you have bleeding so it will keep track of AF. It also predicts ovulation based on previous ovulation dates and the start of AF based on your normal luteal phase length. All you have to do is put in your temperatures and when you experience bleeding and it does the rest. Good luck![/b]
I will definitly have to visit FF. Mycycle kind of does the same thing. You keep track of your period and it gives you a prediction of ovulation and next period. You can also keep track of your temp and when you BD. But I will try FF.
May 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't heard of mycycle before. FF bases predictions off of things like your luteal phase length which typically remains consistent from one cycle to the next. My cycles vary from 29-39 days in length so anything has trouble predicting my O date, but it still tells me when to expect AF which is great. It tracks your temp, OPKs, monitors, CM, CP, symptoms, etc. Just about anything you could want it to track and you can add in custom signs if you want. I hope you like it if you try it.

May 16th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
I'd go with FF or preferably TCOYF.
May 16th, 2008, 09:34 AM
SummerRose's Avatar Veteran
I agree, FF is really easy to use
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
IVF #1 ~ 21 Eggs, 13 mature, all 13 fertilized, 2 put back, 4 frozen = BFN
FET ~ October 2008
August 14 ~ Started BCP
September 6 ~ Start Lupron 10 Units
September 19 ~ Baseline U/S & B/W
September 20 ~ Start Estrace, Lower Lupron to 5 Units
October 2 ~ US to check lining
October 6 ~ Start Prometrium
October 10 ~ FET
* Praying for a Healthy Baby (or two!!) *

May 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM
merkelsgirl
I registered at FF last night. I have not had a time to actually scope it out because I started new classes and need to give my remaining semesters my all so I can graduate in January! When I get some down time today I will scope the website out.
I am convinced that stress is going to make TTC very difficult. DB and I are having financial problems because I have not had a full time job since April. I start a new one on June 2nd so that will help. But I am stressed because a month and a half ago I got in a car accident and it was his fault. Well for this past month and a half his insurance company has been jerking me around like no body's business. I finally got them to agree that they would fix my car so they told me to bring it to the body shop. Well got a call this morning saying I need to return my rental car and pick my car up, and they didnt even start work. So I went to the body shop a few hours later and they said they just talked to the insurance company and are starting work on my car today. So I'm stressed about that! Sorry to ramble, but when I got something to gripe about boy do i gripe!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search