new here

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to shauna0325
Hi ladies, I'm new to this forum but not to JM. My midwife has requested that I start charting but it is very foreign and new for me so I was hoping to get some pointers here. This is what's going on with me. LMP was March 21, I was almost certain that I was pg but after bloodwork and a checkup with my midwife it was determined that I had an anovulatory cycle, which is still going. Basically I stopped taking bc (aka "evil pills") at the end of October, so my hormones are wacky. Combine that with the fact that I have Ulcerative Colitis, and it's a big mess. Hubby and I very badly want to have a baby. We have 2 each from previous marriages but not together yet. After much discussion with my midwife we've come up with a plan to get my body back to normal then in a few months we can start ttc again. A big part of this plan is charting, which of course is what brings me here.

I just bought a BBT thermometer today and will start taking my temps tomorrow. I did look at Fertility Friend but it wants you to wait until the first day of AF to start charting on there, so I guess that means I'm stuck doing it on paper for now.

May 16th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You can start charting on FF at any time. I ended up starting the last day of a really long cycle! It just advises it, but it isn't required and since you're annovulatory it may help you pinpoint an O date if you do have one yet this cycle. If you need help getting an account there PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invitation. Some women have had trouble signing up without one.

Another option is TCOYF (Taking Charge of Your Fertility). It's a book that comes with its own charting software and a lot of women swear by it. I prefer FF, but all I do is temp and I have trouble reading the TCOYF charts (with my eyes they tend to turn into a big blur).

Good luck! I hope the charts help you get your BFP!

May 16th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Veteran
My midwife actually recommended TCOYF, I'm going to look at Half Price Books for a used copy and see if I like it. I didn't realize they were different though, I just assumed all charting was the same thing. Shows how little I know! I think for a few days at least I'll just write it down (the therm. I bought came with some charts) then once I get the book I can figure out which I like better. Although it seems like most everyone here prefers FF. Oh about the invites, it says on their sign up page that only a limited number of members are allowed to join so maybe that's why?

May 16th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That could be why. Some women use FF and TCOYF because they'll give different O dates and things. Other women put the information into FF as well so that they have the ticker and a chart that's easier for others to stalk. There is actual a TCOYF software trial you can download that's good for 15 days. It doesn't come with the book obviously, but it would let you get a look at it.

May 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Veteran
I dowloaded the free trial of TCOYF, and yikes! those charts are crazy looking! The ones I've seen from FF seem so much more straight forward and easy to read. I'm thinking I'll stick with that. I signed up and I'm supposed to get an email with the tutorial and in it will be instructions for signing up to chart. Still waiting on that email though.

May 19th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
I used fertility friend as well when I was charting. However, it's a very good idea to get TCOYF and read it...it's a very helpful reference guide! It will teach you everything you need to know about your body, that's for sure!

I got mine from Amazon.com for pretty cheap, I think it was only a couple of dollars. I would check there.

Anywho, and hope you get your BFP soon!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search