question about temping...

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2008, 04:34 AM
jenmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I've been complaining about my bbt being abnormally high early in my cycle...

well that changed..my temp did go down..but I noticed it was on days that I woke up with my mouth dried out and wierd feeling...and my nose was stuffy...

so I believe it was mouth breathing...cause I wake up and brush my teeth cause I don't like the taste or feel...

so I was a little confused...

but because I heard mouth breathing messes with your temps...I started vaginal temping...and was getting the same consistent above 98.0 temps. they are the same as the temps on my non-mouth breathing days...I know progesterone causes high temps after o--am I overproducing progesterone?Only 2 days now...I record both mouth and vaginal now...

last two readings were 97.6 orally...and 98.3 vaginally. and 97.9 orally and 98.1 vaginally.

My breasts are not sore...and I have no other signs of o--except craving choc.

what should I do?
May 19th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
Are you using two different thermometers? getting consistent nights sleep? it's hard to tell without seeing a chart, etc. Give us a link.
May 19th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
I'm not very good at "reading" temps without seeing them on a chart. I just wanted to say that I temped vaginally when I was charting, and it's much easier, I think, to get a consistant accurate reading. However, you need to make sure that you start a cycle with ONE type of temping, and that you don't switch back and forth during the cycle, the temps aren't always the same.

Good luck!!!

May 19th, 2008, 09:07 AM
no...I'm using same thermometer...for vaginal have the little protective shield...for oral no shield. ok you asked for my chart...I plotted oral..and made a note of vaginal...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/116ea4

only been checking vaginally for past few days because of flat temps...and mouth breathing..
May 19th, 2008, 06:33 PM
no advice yet...don't know if ya'll are grossed out because I use same thermometer...I do have a covering over it when using it vaginally. I didn't want to use different thermometers because of the variation factor...

I know stress is a big factor here...I'm pretty positive I didn't o yet. but those higher temps have me wondering!
May 19th, 2008, 06:39 PM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
Hey girl.... That is a strange chart! I say, If you dont get your bfp this month, Do vaginal temps consistantly next cycle.. Dont switch back n forth like the pp's said cuz You will get a different reading for Oral, Vaginal, Anal, Ear... They will all give different temps depending on the area you are temping from.. I temp orally cuz Ive never had issues with finding myself sleeping with my mouth open, how ever if I did, have that issue, I would vaginally temp... So yeah! I only wish you THE BEST! and hope you get your bfp this month, but if not, Start fresh when u get af, and temp every morning, same time after 3 hrs of sleep, vaginally.. and then see what your chart looks like.. Good luck girl!
xoxox

Well, you could wait till af leaves if your guna be vaginally temping..

May 19th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
no, I'd say you haven't O'd yet. You might be gearing up to O soon though! Stay with oral this cycle, make sure you are taking them at the same time every day and not talking or moving before taking them. When AF comes, then switch to vaginal.
May 20th, 2008, 02:33 AM
alright, I don't think I've o'd yet either...

I don't want to mess up my temps so I've only been recording orally...but checking vaginal at the same time. I am going to switch to temping vaginally next cycle...

I know I woke up really early.4 am..but my temp was 98.2 both orally and vaginally. I move as little as possible when taking temps.

Thanks for the advice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search