Erratic BBT is an understatement

Forum: Fertility Charting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fertility Charting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 08:01 PM
Kennahasbabyfever's Avatar Veteran
I have NOOOOO clue whats going on with my temps. I felt O pain not last night but the night before on cd 18 but wouldnt my temps be higher? Does it look like I couldve O'd EVER?! This is my first month temping..and ummm im lost.. HELP!!!! please and thank you.

thanks claire1979 for my 1st JM siggie!

September 21st, 2009, 08:20 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow... those are definitely some erratic temps. Are you temping at the same time every day? Were you on any kind of birth control or anything before you started temping?

I do not think you've O'd yet... it appears that you're experiencing fertile CM, so your body may be preparing to soon, but I don't think it's happened yet.

Definitely keep us posted... I'm interested in seeing what your temps do over the next few days.

September 21st, 2009, 08:28 PM
I havent been on BC since April? I think. I was only on them to regulate my cycles..then DH decided he finally wanted to NTNP and now were offically TTC. (just some background) I temp every morning at 5:30, except the days im off..thats the only time, so twice a week. I really hope i get something that looks normal soon. Its such a let down to try something new and have it not work out the way you expect . I think i might go get some OPK's when i get paid tomarrow. Maybe that will help me out.

Thanks for you reply!

September 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't get too discouraged. It can take a little while to get the hang of charting... and since you're on your first cycle it will take a little bit for FF to learn what your body's patterns and such are.

I'd really recommend you pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's a fantastic book that goes over charting in great detail. It really helped me get a handle on things when I first started.

Picking up some OPK's isn't a bad idea. They can sometimes miss your LH surge depending on when you start taking them... but I still use them! I would definitely continue to monitor your cm... that's really going to be the best indicator of O'ing.

Best of luck to you and hope to see more of you here!!

September 21st, 2009, 08:43 PM
I discarded some of the late ones..maybe that will make it easier to read..

September 22nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
jenine's Avatar Super Mommy
I would give it a couple of cycles to see if you get the hang of temping and your BBT evens out...my first couple of charts were all over the place like that. Make sure you temp after 4 hours of solid sleep and the same time every day, as mentioned. If you find that your charts still look really erratic you might try a new thermometer or try temping vaginally.

Looking at your chart now it doesn't seem to me that you've O'd yet.

OPKs, as Nikki said, can be a little tricky but I really have liked having that info.

Good luck and stick with it - I'm sure it will even out as you do it for longer!
Expecting #1 in Sept 2010!
September 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I don't think you've O'd yet either. It looks like you might be trying to O since you are getting fertile CM. Just keep temping and see what happens.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
September 22nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with everyone, and I also am new to charting (first cycle too). I spent a cycle and a half looking at other people's charts though before I started doing it myself! OPK's have helped with me.....even though they don't point you to the exact day you know you're getting ready so you can try to make sure you BD and see how your temps are. Good luck to you!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
September 22nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks ladies for all your wonderful insight. Im an instant gradification type of girl, lol. So when my temps started going crazy, I started to panic. Oh well TTC really does teach you patients. (sp) I've only posted on the AIP forum, but will deff be checking back with this one regularly!

September 22nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a question............how are you temping? Orally or vaginally? My 1st cycle charting, my temps were ALL over the place. I then read that if you breath with your mouth open (cant' breath through your nose very well) then your temps can be all screwed up. Well I then started temping vaginally the next cycle and it is SOOOOO much more accurate for me because I do breath through my mouth most of the time.
Jackson born August 2010

September 23rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
I temp orally. And i think i do breath out of my mouth, lol huh. never even thought of that. So if I decide to temp vaginally do I need a new thermometer? Like a diff kind? Idk temping vaginally kind of freaks me out. I know it sounds weird, but I just have so many ?'s about it.

September 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Veteran
Hi............I am new at charting too! I have found it very informative and I am only on my first month of charting. I really think it is going to take a couple of months to get the hang of it and to beable to see all the details that are involved. One thing is for sure I have found that the ladies on here are sooooooooooooooooo helpful!!!!

September 23rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
robineliza's Avatar In love with my June Bug!
Do you know if your BBT therm. has a save feature? Mine does and that way I can temp early even on my days off...I just wake up, temp, and as soon as it beeps i put it down and fall back asleep. Then when I wake up I just have to press and hold the button for a minute and it will show a 1 and then the last saved temp will show up. That way you can be sure to be accurate even on your days off!
September 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Farm Mommy 2b- Hi! It's always nice to talk to someone going threw something new the same time as yourself. Yea sadly enough I think it will take a few cycles to get everything figured out. (bummer ) But the best of luck to you with charting!

Robineliza -what a great idea!! Duh, I cant believe I didnt think of that. DH gets up for work on my days off and wakes me up to say goodbye when i would be waking up for work anyways so that works out awesome!

September 23rd, 2009, 09:18 PM
Veteran
It will be nice to compare notes as we both try to figure out all the do's and don'ts about TTC. As well as trying to figure out this whole temp charting and CM tracking I am also trying to figure out PCOS....if a person can ever figure it out....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 24th, 2009, 01:31 PM
HA!!! Ive been tryin for about 2 years, to figure that stupid syndrome out. Hopefully yours isnt as severe as mine and its easier, because man my reproductive system is unpredictable! Hoepfully we get BFP's sooner then we think!

September 24th, 2009, 03:47 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kenna, you do not need a new thermometer for vaginal temping (though you may want to make sure no one else uses it LOL). However, you do need to wait for a new cycle to start before you change from oral to vaginal because there will be a significant temperature difference.

I thought about it last cycle but have decided that I'm going to start temping vaginally with my next cycle as I think I'll get more accurate results that way.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
September 24th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup I know just how weird it sounds taking your temp vaginally and I had a lot of questions too at first but it is really simple.

All you do is as soon as your alarm goes off, stick it up there, and wait for the beep LOL. It is just as easy (well easier for me since I can't breath with my mouth closed) as temping orally. And yeah, I would recommend only you using it :-)
Jackson born August 2010

September 25th, 2009, 03:05 PM
lol oh man you guys are to funny. I can just imagine the first time DH notices what exactly im doing....hes going to think im nuts. So I THINK...(wishing, hoping, and praying) that I O'd recently..anyone who wants to take a look and let me know what you think...thatd would be GREATLY appreciated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search